Question abt Domain transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy
hey guys i want to park a domain from servage to another host or domain parking service
What is the cost? and
Main also want to know about a free domain parking service

ahref

In the zone
You can use sedo.com for domain parking and earn money on clicks. Domain parking is free.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
you can easily transfer your domainname from one server to another.Go to your domain control panel, change the nameserver.Thats all.

It is free .

OP
Sparsh007

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy
i just want full control on my domain even after not being in the servage hosting account through which i have bought it

OP
Sparsh007

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy
i have a domain in servage accnt and bought the domain form servage ie free which u get form every purchase of hosting
i want to transfer it to smthing(park mayb) to have complete control

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Sparsh007 said:
i have a domain in servage accnt and bought the domain form servage ie free which u get form every purchase of hosting
i want to transfer it to smthing(park mayb) to have complete control

To use this domain name for another server..you have change only the nameserver of the domain name.

For complete transfer of your domain name...you have to shift your domain name to another domain seller.Do you want this??

If yes.....I can guide you, how to transfer your domain name.And transfer of domain name is free.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Servage doesnt have Domain Control Panel as far as i know. You have to ask Support, Most likely Patricia or Steffan from Servage Support Department for Changing Nameservers :)

There is no need to transfer the domain, just ask the Servage Support to change nameservers on ur behalf. Hope that helps :)

Last edited:

tuxfan

Technomancer
ravi_9793 said:
To use this domain name for another server..you have change only the nameserver of the domain name.
Agree :)

ravi_9793 said:
For complete transfer of your domain name...you have to shift your domain name to another domain seller.Do you want this??
Correction! There are 3 types of ppl to whom you can transfer
  1. A reseller of the same registrar
  2. A reseller of a different registrar
  3. A different registrar (directly, e.g. Godaddy, Enom, etc.)
While the first process could be free and instant, the other two would be little lengthy, not free and will take a few days.

ravi_9793 said:
If yes.....I can guide you, how to transfer your domain name.And transfer of domain name is free.
Partly wrong! As I said earlier, transfer may or may not be to a reseller under same registrar and therefore may not be free.

But don't get daunted by the transfer process. It isn't complex. You need three things to be able to transfer to a different registrar:
  1. EPP Authorisation Code (also known as Transfer Secret or Domain Secret)
  2. Access to Admin email address on record with the domain name.
  3. Some money. :)) You have to pay one year charges for transfer but expiry date gets extended by a year. So it is as good as renewal.

But you cannot transfer to some other registrar within first 60 days of registration. And I think also in the last 15 days. (But I am not sure about these 15 days thing).

Additionally, you cannot transfer to some other reseller under same registrar for 5 (or 6) days after registration. These are all as per ICANN rules and because of that money back in domain registration (yeah! money-back exists for domains for 5-6 days but the process is typically irritating).

Phew! :p More on domain transfers some other time ;)

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
^^ You dont need to get the domain transferred just to get it Parked. Although you are free do so, but why spend money on parking when you not going to use the domain anywayz :)

Last edited:

ahref

In the zone
It appears OP want to transfer domain from servage. He is more interested to transfer domain from servage then parking.

tuxfan

Technomancer
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
LOL, After a long time bro, where had you been :p Write a Book, Fast Guide on Domain Transfers :lol:
:)) Write a book? I haven't posted on my (so called) blog since 4th April! :( Time, my friend, is in real short supply ;)

Sparsh007 said:
tuxfan has got each and every detail right
i want to transfer it to a new registrar
Why do you want to transfer? Are you facing any problems? Are they charging too much?

I just realised you also want free parking? Why man? There are so many free hosting providers ;) Take something free, build a copy paste site, insert adsense and let it recover at least the cost of domain registration, if not more :))

OP
Sparsh007

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy
actually i do web designing and 1 guy offered me a domain for some work along with a host (servage) so i want to transfer the domain temporarily out of his control and sell it later. :D
The problem is he dsnt wnt me to chng pass so tht he can pay

Last edited:

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
it is very easy contact your registrar or host and ask them to provide unique serial key which is required to transfer domain once you get it go to any site which sale domain click on domain transfer enter serial number pay 1 year domain charge now with in 24 hour your domain will be transfered to new registrar

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
No need to contact any domain registrar..you can transfer your domain name yourself.

Here is the process: If you transfer between same domain seller.Like between Direct I to Direct I
1) Select your New domain registrar.
2) Sign Up as new customer at new registrar
*img72.imageshack.us/img72/7507/doamin1dd0.jpg
3) After signing , you get a new user name and customer ID.

4) Log into your old domain control panel.
5) Find "Move service"
*img218.imageshack.us/img218/3554/d2np4.jpg

6)click on this

7) you will be asked New customer user name and customer ID.
*img72.imageshack.us/img72/378/d3ww5.jpg
Fill the form....with your new username and customer ID, which you have got from new domain registrar.

8 ) click "Move services to New Customer Control Panel"

9) your domain name has been moved to new domain registrar. Log in at new domain registrar.There you will find your domain name.

That it. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom