Question abt Domain transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
navjotjsingh said:
@ravi Servage does't provide Control panel if you read above.

I dont have idea about servage service.
I have given a general way to transfer domain name. Without control panel..how can one manage the domain name...

Is this possible to transfer domain name..without control on the domain name.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Yes its possible. just ask your registrar by mail and he will send you the authorization code. Use authorization code in new registrar then. Where is the need of control panel in old registrar for transfer. But yeah one has to make sure, domain is unlocked at old registrar.

tuxfan

Technomancer
@ ravi_9793: The Move Service that you are talking about will work only when a domain is getting transferred from one DirectI customer account to another. Transferring from one "REGISTRAR" to another is a different process altogether.

@ Sparsh007: You will need to have EPP Authorisation Code / Domain transfer secret / Domain Secret to be able to transfer. Read this post of mine. Have I not given proper details there?

navjotsingh[U said:
[/U]]But yeah one has to make sure, domain is unlocked at old registrar.
Ah! The one important point that I missed out.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
tuxfan said:
@ ravi_9793: The Move Service that you are talking about will work only when a domain is getting transferred from one DirectI customer account to another. Transferring from one "REGISTRAR" to another is a different process altogether.
I have mentioned this.

ravi_9793 said:
Here is the process: If you transfer between same domain seller.Like between Direct I to Direct I

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
No offence bur letz stick to Topic, should we :rolleyes:

1. Servage doensnt have Domain Control Panel
2. You can get domain transferred, change nameservers, get WHOIS protection etc but you dont have direct control and you have to ask Servage Support Department
3. In order to get domain transferred out of Servage, login to your account, sumbit a ticket and most likely Senior Support Staff would provide you with EPP code to transfer the domain out of them
4. Go to new Registrar like Godaddy or Namecheap, provide the EPP code, and wait for domain transfer to initiate. You will get mail on the ADMIN EMAIL ID registered with that domain regrading transfer process and you have to click link to accept this transfer
5. The Main Registrar, Tucows in case of Servage will then give their acceptance and finally your domain will be transferred to a new Registrar.

Points to Note:

1. Your domain should be atleast 60 days old
2. It must be in "unlocked" condition

Thats what i can think of now, i might have missed some points but do let us know how it goes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom