Question about SMPS (Power supply)

slashragnarok

In the zone
Most cabinets have an opening at the back where the power supply goes and sometimes also at the bottom of the case(for bottom mounted psu). My question is do power supplies have one or two fans(one at the top, and one at the back). And if so, then would it be advisable to put the top fan facing up or facing the grilled opening at the bottom of the case.

*benchmarkreviews.com/images/reviews/cases/TEVO-001BK/NZXT_Tempest_EVO_Power_Supply_Vent.jpg

You can refer to the above link for such a cabinet.

OP
slashragnarok

slashragnarok

In the zone
But as far as I know, the fan on an SMPS is an exhaust fan meaning it blows air out from the unit. So in that case the bottom grill would serve as an intake. But unfortunately the bottom of power supplies do not have any opening allowing the air intake.

Does any corsair power supply have two fans?

OP
slashragnarok

slashragnarok

In the zone
Thanks for responding but I'm afraid I just read a few reviews and it clearly says that the fan sucks air into the SMPS.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Yep my mistake....
smps wit bottom fan is intake...

But as far as I know, the fan on an SMPS is an exhaust fan meaning it blows air out from the unit. So in that case the bottom grill would serve as an intake. But unfortunately the bottom of power supplies do not have any opening allowing the air intake.

there s an opening wit air filter at bottom...
Also they are provided with about .75" bushes at bottom of cabby....

Top Bottom