Query Regarding PayPal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
Hi Everyone ,

I made an account on Paypal and added a credit card to my account ! The credit card will be verified by Paypal after i enter the first transaction code which i receive thru the statement !

When i click the option of adding the funds in my account , it just shows the option of : Adding Funds Thru A Bank Acconunt In US " only ..
But i want to use the Paypal facility like a cash card , means that i want to add money to my account using my credit card and use it for shopping online ! Is that possible or not ?

Thnx In Anticipation

BBThumbHealer :)

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
You can designate a credit card as a backup funding source to your paypal account. The only way to add funds to your online account is via a local U.S. or U.K. bank account.

Why do you want to block funds in your online account? Paypal isn't going to give you any interest for the amount accrued in their pockets. Since you aren't in the U.S., use a credit card or check card as the primary funding source and be done with it.

However, if you're really interested in transferring funds from your CC, you could probably cut a check (cash advance) on your CC, transfer it to a US/UK bank account and transfer the money to paypal? There'll be a lot of administrative funds involved though.

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

use a credit card or check card as the primary funding source and be done with it.

From where in my account can i enable this option ?

Also , does this means Paypal will directly pay thru my CC and then give up the detailed summary of the shopping in the next statement ?
Or can i add like $100 to my account thru the CC and then use it for shopping so that it deducts automatically from my account and i can add more money later when once gets exhausted ?

Do they charge any extra amount also if we pay through CC directly instead of Balance in PayPal Acc. ?

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
It is possible to directly make the payment in paypal from your credit-card. You dont have to "add funds" from your credit-card, you just have to "send money" or "pay money" or something like that...

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

It is possible to directly make the payment in paypal from your credit-card. You dont have to "add funds" from your credit-card, you just have to "send money" or "pay money" or something like that...

Do they charge any extra amount also if we pay through CC directly instead of Balance in PayPal Acc. ?

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
From where in my account can i enable this option ?

Also , does this means Paypal will directly pay thru my CC and then give up the detailed summary of the shopping in the next statement ?
Or can i add like $100 to my account thru the CC and then use it for shopping so that it deducts automatically from my account and i can add more money later when once gets exhausted ?

It should be somewhere under a "my account" tab or something similar. I'm too lazy to open my paypal account right now. Let me know if you can't find it.

Yep, Paypal will pay the funds using your CC and give you an instant receipt that you can save/print for your record. As I said earlier, you cannot "add" funds from your CC to your paypal account.

There is no extra charge for paying through either your paypal account or via a credit card or bank account. However, there is a charge for transferring money from your paypal account to your CC (reverse process) if I'm not mistaken.

amol48

Searching...
Also DO add a bank account in your paypal so that you could withdraw your money if needed. Remember there is Rs.50 charge is you withdraw less than Rs.7000 and NO charge if above it.

Also make sure to check the exchange rate before withdrawing. Try to withdraw on higher rates if possible. It's about Rs.1.5 - Rs.1.75 lesser than that one you get in google after searching for "USD to INR". This is my general formula :D

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^ Its basically like lottery..Sometimes you are charged, sometimes you are not. Doesnt matter if the item is used or new, what matters more is the mood of the guys in customs ;)

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

@ Pat , Yes from DealExtreme also ..

& I need to buy some art stationery items from an arts store in the US ..

The total would be arnd $120 including shopping from both the store .... What are the chances of getting charged by the customs ?

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
do you mean that classifieds? Did you order new items or used ones? If used ones then may be that's why you weren't charged!
Always new stuff from fleabay. I just received a brand new T700 in the mail and what I paid was what I was charged. :) Total cost: $170, thanks to MSFT's cash back offer.
Most eBayers would gladly put a note saying that the contents of the package are used or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom