(Que/Request?) PC Assembling Guide (for noobs/nerds alike)

nice_kid

Broken In
Is there a guide for assembling a PC? say for a noob or even a nerd? I'm sure there's always something that the other guy knows that we don't. The essentials of what, why, when and how to stuff.

Pretty sure there might be people like me who would want to give it a try (blimey! I'm a pharmacist by profession but still a tech-enthusiast)

Any pointers???

Did a search on the forum before posting this request. It didn't point me to something on the same lines, hence this post.

OP
N

nice_kid

Broken In
@bssunil thanks for the link, looks handy enough. (& updated?)

@
adityak469 the link posted by @bssunil does indeed read as "Build a PC" but evidently speaks about assembling one.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just get to it and you will get the hang of it :D BTW, which cpu [ processor like AMD / Intel ] you have / going to get ?

OP
N

nice_kid

Broken In
My config here...

*www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...c-time-being-suggestions-corrections-pls.html

Waiting for a processor (Devils canyon for sure) & cabinet.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
first watch couple of videos on how to mount a Intel cpu and cooler specially for LGA sockets. Then watch couple of pc assembling videos like where to put molex and sata connectors, where to put cpu and motherboard power etc. Then read some guides to cover up any details that you may miss on the videos.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Think of it like lego for grown ups.. There are very few components that can go into a slot, its not meant for.. like for example - the HDD led and the power LED pins..
Otherwise, every other component can go into their own respective slot only.. its a major boon for noob builders like you and me

OP
N

nice_kid

Broken In
er! its more of a performance anxiety issue than actual noobness! I do know how to get going with a processor and the other components.

@Nerevarine LOL! Lego for grown ups! nobody could have put better, literally chuckled at that analogy.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
"Lego for grownups"
Better not step on it I suppose :D :p
*cdn.gifbay.com/2013/10/whenever_i_step_on_a_lego-95841.gif

Jokes apart,even im curious,can a noob assembler break a component by trying to put it in the wrong slot?

Top Bottom