Quality of 10" Budget tabs in India

capsic

Right off the assembly line
Hi all.

New here. Been searching for a 10" budget tab for a while now.

I can't seem to find ONE DECENT 10" budget tablet (Indian or otherwise) in the under 20k range. Thats US $360 - I would have thought thats a decent enough price. It doesn't matter if its from China/Taiwan - wherever.

Every new "budget 10" tablet launch" I see in India usually has 2-3 (often more) of the following problems -

- poor touch screen response
- hang often
- crash often
- poor display quality
- poor, pathetic or simply non-existent after sales service and support
- inability to play back full HD video properly
- poor quality camera
- poor battery capacity and/or run time
- battery charging issues
- under-powered speakers
- poor build quality
- run older versions of Android
- last only a couple of months before they start acting up

It doesn't matter if the tablet is from Lava, Karbonn, Micromax, Spice, Simmtronics, Wickedleak, EAFT, Ainol, iberry, Zync - you name it.

Can ANYONE recommend ONE 10" tab to me in the under 20k category that doesn't suffer from any of the above problems? Or one that suffers from the LEAST of them?

Yes I'm aware they are "budget" but surely that doesn't have to mean pathetic?

Samsung offers its 10" tab (Galaxy TAB2 510) for just 5k more at 25k. I would have paid 5k over my budget for this tab except its old, slow (dual core 1 Ghz) and runs an older version of android (ICS) among other things.

If one is looking for 7" tabs there are some decent options around but when it comes to 10" budget tabs it seems like its a really sad state of affairs here in India. :(

Sorry about my very first post sounding like a rant but I need to buy a 10" tab under 20k and can't seem to find anything worthwhile around.

Would really appreciate any advice on the issue.

Top Bottom