Quad core for Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Some one said that Core2quad q6600 is overclocked to 3.8Ghz on Air / damn he is stupid i just went to my friend house he is having the same Q6600 proc with MSI P45 PLATINUM mobo , i just overclocked to 3.5 ghz the system is restarting frequently about 2 min , 2min ............

toofan

Technomancer
I don't think that these high end processors need any type of overclocking. They are far far better for the present time software. and if gaming is the concern then the graphic card should be dealt for that.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Some one said that Core2quad q6600 is overclocked to 3.8Ghz on Air / damn he is stupid i just went to my friend house he is having the same Q6600 proc with MSI P45 PLATINUM mobo , i just overclocked to 3.5 ghz the system is restarting frequently about 2 min , 2min ............
I can OC my Q6600 on MSI P35 Platinum board to 3.5 GHz on air.. No issues :)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Go to the official overclocking thread on this forum. People are posting CPU-z pics to prove their OC's. No-one is a retard here. That proccy can easily reach that level.

I don't think that these high end processors need any type of overclocking. They are far far better for the present time software. and if gaming is the concern then the graphic card should be dealt for that.

Crysis, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, etc are as CPU dependent as GPU. And all CPUs can be an should be OC'd to utilise the full potential.

BTW, dont tell me that you never heard of multimedia/rendering, animation and such heavy tasks coz you are saying "I don't think that these high end processors need any type of overclocking. They are far far better for the present time software."

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Kalpic can you tell us for what application you need to OC ur processor.

Why don't you accept the truth ? There are more than thousand apps which stil lag on current generation CPUs... rendering/multimedia/animation, etc are a few examples. If you havent seen any apps. like that does not mean there aint any.

Kalpic can you tell us for what application you need to OC ur processor.

QX9770 looks like a P1 in front of NASA Super PCs... ask them why they need such power.

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
Acc to me Over clocking should be done with the old generation processors or lower end processors which really need them like my Pentium D . If I think of overclocking then it has some sense. But over clocking a latest quad processor lime Q9550/9450 will only shorten his life.

Overclock these quad cores after 2 to 4 years when you really need that much power.

You mean NASA is using Q X9770 and had overclocked it to that extent.:D very funny.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^I didn't mean that. You need to read my message again. I never said that. I said that a QX9770 looks like a P1 in front of NASA's super comps. so you need to go and ask them, what do they do with soo much powerful PCs.

BTW, leave it. You dont accept things as they are.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
3.5ghz + on air without a custom cooler should never be done with a Q6600 for 24/7 usage.3.8ghz--why not possible ? people oc'd it on a X38,P35 mobos.i did on a 680i sli+TRU90.ocing varies chip to chip as well.someone i know did 4ghz + (i think Darklord also did that) ..so its teh board thats causing bsods-maybe incorrect voltages.
-----------------------------
Quad core for gaming-pretty much suitable.its true that Q6600 might require OC to 3.2ghz before you can enjoy some good gaming performance comparable to an E8400.this is true for Crysis,at least.all other games run pretty fine.

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
WOW! Phenom x3 in USE & beats Athlon x2(considering high freq) I'm literally shocked. Where did you get this specification ?

so the Core 2 Duo has came to an End ???? so the games are ready to come for Quads !!!!

3.5ghz + on air without a custom cooler should never be done with a Q6600 for 24/7 usage.3.8ghz--why not possible ? people oc'd it on a X38,P35 mobos.i did on a 680i sli+TRU90.ocing varies chip to chip as well.someone i know did 4ghz + (i think Darklord also did that) ..so its teh board thats causing bsods-maybe incorrect voltages.
-----------------------------
Quad core for gaming-pretty much suitable.its true that Q6600 might require OC to 3.2ghz before you can enjoy some good gaming performance comparable to an E8400.this is true for Crysis,at least.all other games run pretty fine.

4Ghz for Q6600 on stock cooler/AIR , oh that very great if that is happening means may the processor is counting the life ......

Q6600 is 65nm how could u overclock to 4Ghz , the E 8500 45nm to 8ghz :D ???:confused: this is great i gonna try with newly bought [OCZ - VENDETTA cpu cooler ] for Q6600 to 4 ghz !!!!Tom will be my hottest day which i am going to use my cabinet as frying pan:D

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
U have to read a post properly before making a comment like that.Where did i say stock cooler in above post? And if i were to oc it on stock cooler,i won't go beyond 3.2ghz.

*www.techenclave.com/market/q6600-g0-stepping-unused-hsf-119531.html

If u can see,its this particular processor.

Google for q6600 benches and u will find many with 3.8ghz and a lil more on air.

And you CANNOT relate die size to max overclocking or fsb wall.except for the fact that 65nm 's heat more so they oc less or u can't oc much.good luck taking e8400 to 8ghz.

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom