Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
To be frank with you, I am not familiar with Computer field and so the following for your clarification, Sir.

That is to say, when I know the name of Individual persons or Government or private organizations and others whom I know, but it is difficult for me to know their e-mail and websites addresses.

Usually, I try to know the above-mentioned through GOOGLE SEARCH ENGINE, but I regret to say that all my efforts ended in failure.

Moreover, I would like to know the FREE NEWSGROUPS on each and every field. Is there any way to know it all?

Please help me, Sir.

ycr007

Broken In
kumarn_2004 said:
That is to say, when I know the name of Individual persons or Government or private organizations and others whom I know, but it is difficult for me to know their e-mail and websites addresses.

Website addresses can be known with the help of Google but you
have to have a li'l patience in sifting through all the results till you find
the right one.

I don't know abt Private organizations but Government Details can be
found at the following Websites:

Government of India: *indiaimage.nic.in/

Official Website Directory of GoI: *goidirectory.nic.in/

Press Info bureau of GoI: *pib.nic.in/

You can find loads of links in these websites.....Hope they'll be of Help

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
kumarn_2004 said:
.....but it is difficult for me to know their e-mail and websites addresses.
I have often wished myself that there was some sort of central registry like a telephone directory where one can quickly look up the website address of companies, individuals or organisations, but there does not seem to be any such service. There's not much you can do except follow ycr007's advice.
Moreover, I would like to know the FREE NEWSGROUPS on each and every field. Is there any way to know it all?
Most newsgroups on Usenet are free, though some are moderated. Again there seems to be no directory where ALL newsgroups are listed. groups.google.com has a list of all the newsgroups archived by them. Also, if you access the newsgroup network (Usenet) with a newsreader software like Agent or Outlook Express through your ISP's newsserver instead of via Google, you can see the list of all newsgroups available from that server.

Google is good for browsing past newsgroup posts, but new postings take a long time to show up - usually several hours. You can avoid this by using a newsreader software via your newsserver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom