Q6600 intel processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xmen360

Broken In
Hello fellas,
I am looking for a Q6600 cpu preferably without warranty. If anybody wants to sell his then please pm me.

Thanks.

Edit:Got the processor.

Last edited:
OP
X

Xmen360

Broken In
My max budget is around 3500.I know its low but thats why I am looking for a out of warranty cpu. Do you have a Q6600 which you want to sell ?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ No buddy i have an i5 750 (my first quad core processor). Save up and go for a new lga 775 based quad core like the q8400. Much better option and being 45nm, is cooler and has lower tdp than q6600.

Hunt for it in the market.

saswat23

Human Spambot
vicky,
u mean Q8400 will cost around 5-6k..??
AFAIK C2Ds are avaialble for that price.

OP,
will u be using that proccy?? And what mobo do u have..???

OP
X

Xmen360

Broken In
^ Just checked ebay Q8400 is priced at 10K mark and I dont have that much of a budget.

@saswat123," will you be using that proccy ?" Yes its for me. I presently have a E5200 + gigabyte g31mes2l mobo. It has always been a wish to have a quad core one day. :p And now since newer processors have hit the market, I thought people will let go of their older quad cores. :)

OP
X

Xmen360

Broken In
Yes. But the thing is the place where I stay there arent many pc enthusiasts who would go for a Q6600 when it was launched in '07 or even few years after that.And on top of that I dont think someone will upgrade to a better proccy if he already has a quad here.So finding a second hand quadcore is bleak.

The other option is to search online forums and thats the reason for the thread. Even on ebay there are no second hand q6600 up for sale.

My idea was since this was the budget/starter quad of that era many peeps might have got it.2-3 years down the line as newer processors are hitting the market, they would ideally want to upgrade, so i was wishing there would be no shortage of q6600s in the online fora. But the inverse of it seems to be true. There are threads running for months now with people asking for this very processor but no sight of the proccy. :(

saswat23

Human Spambot
Q8400 will be much better than Q6600. The former is a 45nm unlike the later which is 65nm. So, Q8400 will run much cooler than Q6600.
IMO u should go for Q8400.

ANYCOM

Broken In
I check lamington road for the used q6600 but nobody is selling for around 3.5k to 4k. all say we sell core 2 duo at this price. 1 dealer have q6600 but quote 5k. i get the quote of 5500 for my q8400.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ op

Save up and get the q8400 @ 5.5k. Much better option for you. Get a new one rather than used.

OP
X

Xmen360

Broken In
Hey guys,
I actually have a seller who is quoting 4K for his processor since it has few months of warranty remaining, but he wants to upgrade his system and he hasnt decided when he's gonna do that.so he doesnt have any tentative date when he will be able to let go of that processor.Therefore I am continuing with the search thinking I ll find someone else who is going the upgrade path.

@anycom .. yeah dealers will never give a good price for anything new or old.They want their commisions too. For example go to any dealer and tell them you want to sell off your old cpu.They will quote you a very low price point and they will act as if we are selling them some junk and they are doing some favor to us by buying the stuff from us. Then send your friend to ask for that very same cpu and check their quotes.It will be minimum 500 rupees more.I have seen this happening in front of me.Thats why I am hesitant in buying from a dealer.The online forums basically bypasses the dealers.

@vickybat .. the new q8400 doesnt cost 5.5K. It costs around 10K. Source ebay.

Anyways thanks a lot guys for helping me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom