Journeyman
q6600/e8400??

if u have orkut account see this
*www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=14672745&tid=2592968230183118352&start=1
pls help

Last edited:

kooki

Broken In
im stuck with the same choice. q6600 is future proof, e8400 seems to be really good with the 45nm chips. e4500 seems to be the best value for money.
gosh even i cant decide.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Q6600 - if you are primarily into 3D rendering programs/CAD packages or Media encoding stuff cos not much games use of Quad cores...

E8400 - if you are primarily into games/general performance

E4500 - if you are on a budget and want a basic C2D

_

jithudigitised

Wanna be *****ised...
has the prices been slahed for 45 nm chips.The news was that the 65 nm chips prices will drop.
If yes,,then greattt

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
get e8400.. price slashed ........by intel...
whats the current price rahul ??

Dell is also giving Q6600 as the only option in its XPS desktop.... guess Intel is pushing it to clear stock for new Quad cores...

OT: also plzz get the price of 9800 GT that you said available in the other thread :confused:

_

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
currrent games do not support Quads and when they do , will dual cores perform better? - NO
and its not a major performance difference now- i'd suggest a Quad - be it a 65nm or a 45nm one.

OP
coolest111

coolest111

Journeyman
i can buy q6600 / e8400....
i am not in much 3D rendering programs/CAD packages or Media encoding stuff.....
but photoshop cs3 etc will b usually used......
pls help

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
65 nm dual cores make no sense , but a Q6600 is certainly a great buy - considering that a 45nm Quad will cost more than 16000 for now

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Are you kidding? Q6600, no doubt!

Right now, very few programs actually support multi-cores. But Multi-threading is going to be the emphasis in the near future, not improving performance of each core.

Therefore, get a Q6600, you won't regret it.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
^^^
but I buy for present performance... I cant put my money thinking developers would embrace 4 cores in the near future suddenly while C2Qs have been out for a long time but yet to see satisfactory response from Game developers :confused:

so for my perspective E8400 is better than Q6600 at present.. for the performance per buck you put in..

but if you really think more games are gonna see effective use of multi cores such that there will be a significant performance difference compared to C2Ds in the near future then theres nothing wrong in buying a C2Q

but I just dont buy into that idea :D

_

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
every single software is moving to Quad core now..this is enought to convince yourself for a quad core :D .we will see Quads and DDR3 go mainstream by the end of this year..so if u only want a good performance till that time and can change a proccy then, a dual core is good !

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
^^^
hmmm lets see :D

maybe in the coming months if what you say really manifests substantially then C2Qs would seem attractive to me ;)

better I will go and see a few demos.. so that I can get a better Idea :)

_

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
e8400.get a quad when 32nm chips come oout.e8400 OC's like a monster u can take it to 4ghz+ with a good cooler like U12E :D

OP
coolest111

coolest111

Journeyman
e8400.get a quad when 32nm chips come oout.e8400 OC's like a monster u can take it to 4ghz+ with a good cooler like U12E :D

wont b used for too much overclocking......

^^^
but I buy for present performance... I cant put my money thinking developers would embrace 4 cores in the near future suddenly while C2Qs have been out for a long time but yet to see satisfactory response from Game developers :confused:

so for my perspective E8400 is better than Q6600 at present.. for the performance per buck you put in..

but if you really think more games are gonna see effective use of multi cores such that there will be a significant performance difference compared to C2Ds in the near future then theres nothing wrong in buying a C2Q

but I just dont buy into that idea :D

_

i agree 2 u but for 1-2 yrs frm now will not upgrade it so e8400 will suit me???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom