q6600/e8400??

E8400/Q6600....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ when most apps and games will be optimised for quads native quads and more will be availble in the market.
those who upgrade frequently and those who wanna upgrade to Nehalem once it hits the market getting a E8400 now makes more sense.for the rest of thr guys who don6t plan to upgrade in the next 2yrs or so for then getting a Q6600 makes more sense.
i sold off my Q6600 for a E8400 for thr sole reason that i'll upgrade to Nehalem once it comes to the market.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
IF A PERSON BUYS A THING HE HAVE GET HAPPY AS HE HVE NO OPTIONS LEFT....
opinions may vary I KNOW THIS BUT NOW IF I GIVE U 10K WAT WILL U OPT FOR......N THAT WAT I AM ASKING.....?
First of all, u dont need options to stay happy with whatever u have! U have it and thats becoz of ur choice. And the choice have to be in ur favour ofcourse! And if it isnt, u are making a mistake by urself! Dont blame others then. :)
Same in my case. Gimme another 10K bucks, and i'll go for another Quad! A better one ofcourse.
Look what i had suggested that under normal usage (i.e. not playing games while encoding a bunch of videos) the E8400 is faster (stock speeds) than the Q6600 at just about anything, since not that much can take good advantage of 2 cores, never mind 4. Further, the E8400 overclocks better. For now, the E8400 is the obvious choice for most people.
But, whether that's true when you're halfway through the period until your next upgrade, that's the trouble!! The Q6600 isnt all that much slower and if your uses do become good with multicores! The Q6600 then beats the crap out of the E8400.
Dual core will be plenty for the next 1-2 years. A quad core will probably be better suited for years and years down the road. E8400 = Shorter Term. Q6600 = Longer Term. Members can only point u for the right direction.
Your choice.

OP
coolest111

coolest111

Journeyman
This polling has a bug :D

Q6600 AS IT IS BETTER AND CHEAPER THAN E8400

Coz as of now q6600 is nowhere cheaper than e8400 ?

Anyway i'll vote for q6600 as it has four cores - so it will be more future proof. Some years ago gmaes were not optimized for dual cores - but now thaey are.

So in the future games will be optimized for 4 or more cores - That you will feel the real difference - So quad is the future

i made the poll after giving a thought......
Q6600 AS IT IS BETTER AND CHEAPER THAN E8400 means Q6600 IS CHEAPER FOR ITS PERFORMANCE THAN E8400 HOPE U GOT IT....

Members can only point u for the right direction.
Your choice.

I KNOW I HAVE TO MAKE A CHOICE ,AND IT IS OBVIOUS THAT I STARTED THIS THREAD 2 TAKE ME (OTHERS IF ANY) 2 THE RIGHT DIRECTION......

First of all, u dont need options to stay happy with whatever u have! U have it and thats becoz of ur choice. And the choice have to be in ur favour ofcourse! And if it isnt, u are making a mistake by urself!
Dont blame others then. :)
U HVE TAKEN MY WORDS IN WRONG SENSE......
I AM NOT BLAMING ANYONE......
I AM JUST ASKING IF U BOTHER 2 HELP PLS DO..... ELSE LEAVE THIS THREAD.....

^^^ when most apps and games will be optimised for quads native quads and more will be availble in the market.
those who upgrade frequently and those who wanna upgrade to Nehalem once it hits the market getting a E8400 now makes more sense.for the rest of thr guys who don6t plan to upgrade in the next 2yrs or so for then getting a Q6600 makes more sense.
i sold off my Q6600 for a E8400 for thr sole reason that i'll upgrade to Nehalem once it comes to the market.

I TOO ,IS THINKING THE SAME.....
BUT WILL UPGRADE IN 2 YRS(APPROX)...

Last edited:

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
ahem!!

please stop using ALL CAPS its kiddish and bad manners.

you dont have any right to ask people to leave this thread. If you open a thread asking for help people are bound to give different views. you have to be open to +ve and -ve sugesstions equally. :)

and can't you understand English ? mayank just said something generally and not pointed at you specifically. Its a general statement meaning you should take responsibility for choices you make and not blame anyone. It doesnt mean that you are blaming anyone. ;)

You are also NOT a newbie as you are a member from Oct 2006. You should have known forum etiquette better.

Be chill and calm then people will help you.. anyway this thread has run into 4 pages so there was quite a discussion.

NOW JUST GO BUY ALREADY! :D

_

OP
coolest111

coolest111

Journeyman
^^
i can understand eng......
that was neither +ve nor -ve remark as far i can get.......
sorry if anyone got hurt wid my words.....

i hve 2 type by on screen keyboard so it can b either capital or small if u want small here it is......

i am leaving 1 day more 4 members 2 give remarks on monday i will buy it

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
^^^
a LOT indeed :lol:

I went through the Valve and Unreal articles (as they were the only thing I was interested :D ), a lot of talk in those articles are centered around multi-threading and multi-core stuff but mainly technology descriptions sans benchmarks.

even dual-core is a multicore and quad core has a long way to go :p

please dont mistake me that I'm against quad core and such.. I just say the this is the time of dual cores :D quad cores will pwn with the arriving of the 45nm C2Qs (to mainstream at present its at a premium) and native quad cores from intel.

I'm always two notchs below the cutting edge :p that saves a lot of bucks

_

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
like i said this is the beginning.. :D
expect new games soon.the main point here is only that if u dont wanna upgrade again by the end of this year then get something worth your money now..

OP
coolest111

coolest111

Journeyman
thnx guys i too know both procy... r 1 of the best in there respective areas and it is worst act to compare them.....but then 2 u all r helping thnx.....
it is worst act to compare them-means 1 is c2q other 1 is c2d it would hve been gud that both r c2q r both r c2d......
thnx....

OP
coolest111

coolest111

Journeyman
Neither i am!

See, i was trying to help just like others. Though, that line by u cast a different meaning to the discussion.
Dont worry, i am leaving ur thread! :)

i understood u wrong.....anyways if u want u can help me.....i wil delay my purchase for teusday JUST 4 U.......

mastermunj

In the zone
Guys,

I am professional software developer and planning to buy a high performing proccy for myself. Gaming is in my blood and i live with it but since i left game development, i have not used my pc at home and is like a scrap now.

Since February i am waiting for Penryn Series to come in...

In recent threads i saw many comparisions between Quads and Duos..

Will Q9450 have any better chance to make quads stand stronger in front of E8400???

My main reason to go for quad is that i will have database server + web server + app server and several test components with benchmark tools running on same pc..

and when bored, games play very important role in freshening up as well as to get in new bright ideas in mentally blocked mind after hours of programming..

Awaiting for a thin line straight to point suggestions.

Also suggest rest of the parameters for a good rig to make it strong in all senses :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom