Purchase Of new Hdd SATA- SUGGEST

nseries73

Journeyman
Going to buy a new HDD SATA 500GB or 1TB:

Should I go for Seagate/Western Digital HDD's

1) If SEAGATE then should I buy the newer version 7200.14 or the older version will be OK for me i.e. 7200.12

2) If WESTERN DIGITAL then should I go for the CAVIAR BLUE or the CAVIAR BLACK

I am a casual gamer gaming for 4-5 hrs daily and torrent download is ON for almost 14-18 hrs daily, other than that normal usage at times!!!!!!!!

SO please suggest the right model and the version

PRICE RANGE STRICTLY WITHIN Rs. 5000.

If you know the specific model and its price please post that too...............no need to post price that are on the net as I know them all.

If you are from KOLKATA then please prescribe a shop name (with rough location) where I can get a good DEAL.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS QUERY AS FAST YOU CAN !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
Caviar black gets some good recommendations around here

Check Vedant in kolkata. One of the best shops..

Cilus

laborare est orare
There is no Caviar Black Hard Disk available within 5K, the cheapest one is 1 TB Black, priced around 5.9K. However, at 5.4K, you can get a WD Caviar Blue HDD. Check Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALX 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5

Naxal

Little Kid
I am using both, the WD blue and green.

I haven't seen any practical difference between blue and green interms of real life operations at least.

OP
nseries73

nseries73

Journeyman
There is no Caviar Black Hard Disk available within 5K, the cheapest one is 1 TB Black, priced around 5.9K. However, at 5.4K, you can get a WD Caviar Blue HDD. Check Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALX 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5

yeah u r right, it will cost me around 5.9k, but it gives me a warranty of 5yrs as shown on the indian website of WD, but elsewhere at all site they have stated to provide only 2yrs warranty, do you know why??

I am using both, the WD blue and green.

I haven't seen any practical difference between blue and green interms of real life operations at least.

will the green / blue WD HDD be enough for the use I have stated above, no need for WD CAVIAR BLACK VERSION.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Which site are you talking about? All Black Hard drives have 5 years warranty but make sure you have the bill with serial number on it.

OP
nseries73

nseries73

Journeyman
Which site are you talking about? All Black Hard drives have 5 years warranty but make sure you have the bill with serial number on it.

go for FLIPKART only, they are out of stock but in the desc its written 2 yrs.
here goes the link:
WD 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD1002FAEX) - WD: Flipkart.com

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
go for FLIPKART only, they are out of stock but in the desc its written 2 yrs.
here goes the link:
WD 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD1002FAEX) - WD: Flipkart.com

Might be some mistake as I bought from fk. Send a mail to them and get it confirmed.

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
Black is worth every penny

5 years warranty so hassle free( Hard disks are most prone to failures....)

OP
nseries73

nseries73

Journeyman
Might be some mistake as I bought from fk. Send a mail to them and get it confirmed.

sent a mail to them about this, awaiting reply, but one thing even on snapdeal they have mentioned this 2 yrs, on the top of the page but below in desc its 5yrs........really puzzling

Its a misprint? I've confirmed it with WD India already about warranty period and I think I posted it somewhere. Dont remember about others but WD Black is with 5 years warranty.

one more thing is it possible that there will be a price drop in near months of HDD. As trend is such that HDD's are approaching its normal pricing after the scarcity.......

Black is worth every penny

5 years warranty so hassle free( Hard disks are most prone to failures....)

one more thing is it possible that there will be a price drop in near months of HDD. As trend is such that HDD's are approaching its normal pricing after the scarcity......

Top Bottom