Puppy Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I have Puppy Linux. Now I want to install it to my HDD. My HDD is 80GB Samsung SATA. I am at present running win xp pro sp2. How to install puppy linux to to My SATA HDD. I have tried their setuup wizard and I am not able to install it.

Now there are new packages called dotpups. If install them, How to bring them in the start menu items. In linux, what are the executable files? Like EXE's in Windows. How to create shortcuts in linux.

I am new to linux and I hope that some one you may be able to help me.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
dotpups are derived from deb files in Debian and debain based systems as Puppy Linux is also debain based. It is, to say, like the setup file in windows. They will come up in start menu on their own, you will just need to restart the windows manager. It should be there at the bottom of the menu, when you right click on the desktop.
Where do you want to create shortcut? On the desktops will be similar to creating one in windows.
I don't know about installation because I have never done it before. But, it would be more helpful to post this query on their forum too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom