PSU suggestion needed

shaiban001

Broken In
Hi, I am planning to buy PSU Corsair cx430V2 online. Any best deal for it? Snapdeal is selling around 2800/- and Flipkart is selling at 2700 – 2950/- range.

2nd thing, somebody told me that old model of this cx430V2 are having some technical glitches and latest ones are manufactured in 2012-1013 !!! New ones are having MRP of 3300/- and old ones are 2700/- (that snapdeal is selling).
Any suggestions?

And now some thread is saying that this model is getting higher RMA calls!!! Which one to go for? currently I am using C2duo processor, 1.5TB internal hdd, 500gb external hdd etc.

Thanks.

Currently I am using C2D processor with 1.5TB hdd. but I don't want to change the PSU in future if I upgrade to i5/i7. So please suggest accordingly. However I have picked the below ones from the various threads that may help you.

- Cooler Master GX 450 Watts PSU
- Seasonic S12II 430 Watts PSU
- Antec VP450P I 450 Watts PSU
- Antec VP450 450 Watts PSU
- Corsair VS450 450 Watt PSU

Not compulsory to pick from this list but I just picked from various threads. I want one that should have good build/should be compatible for future upgrade and customer support also should be smooth/fast in case anything happens. Sorry for this much long story.

Thanks.

Yes there are many faulty units of cx430v2, but if buy from FK, you are completely safe as they'll simply replace it (this happened with me). Seasonic S12II 430W is also a good PSU. I would say go with seasonic as Corsair's PSU's were manufactured by seasonic and that was the reason people suggested corsair.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
...as Corsair's PSU's were manufactured by seasonic and that was the reason people suggested corsair.
Not all units were made by Seasonic. One of the OEMs, depending on the model/series, was made by Seasonic. Some models even had certain tweaks to have some advantage over seasonic's actual units, but those days are long gone.

OP
S

shaiban001

Broken In
Not all units were made by Seasonic. One of the OEMs, depending on the model/series, was made by Seasonic. Some models even had certain tweaks to have some advantage over seasonic's actual units, but those days are long gone.

Then which one to go for ? And what about service center experience?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
It depends a lot on what kind of system you want to go for in the future, especially if you don't want to upgrade your power supply. Stick with ~500w units, like Seasonic S12II 520.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Seasonic S12ii 430 is extremely good, and you can go for it. though it can cost a bit more than the Antec VP450. its transient filtering is A-grade.

as for the wattage, more than the processor, i'd ask you if you want to install a GPU in the future.

upto the 7770, you are safe with 430/450W PSU.

if more than that, you should buy more than 500W, better in the 600W range.

and stay away from Corsair VS series. its plain bad.

OP
S

shaiban001

Broken In
It depends a lot on what kind of system you want to go for in the future, especially if you don't want to upgrade your power supply. Stick with ~500w units, like Seasonic S12II 520.

For sure, I will go for better processor thats all. Not any gaming PC. Will then 430W be enough?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Yep.

any i5/i7 will compatible with a 430W PSU.

just a point, if you are going for the Haswell proccys, make sure that the PSU you buy is compatible with Haswell. The Haswell has a couple of low power states which need a PSU with special low current capability. AFAIK, Corsair has not release CX series PSUs with such compatibility. Please google throughly before you buy a haswell proccy.

OP
S

shaiban001

Broken In
So as per all the conversations, the PSU "Seasonic S12II 430 Watts PSU" wins. Thought cost is pretty high (3646/-), I am planning to buy it or let me find some good deal.

Seasonic S12II 430 Watts PSU - Seasonic: Flipkart.com

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
No system configuration. No purpose of the build. No idea about specific upgrades or is it just processor+ motherboard. Not possible to give proper help with no information at hand.

OP
S

shaiban001

Broken In
No system configuration. No purpose of the build. No idea about specific upgrades or is it just processor+ motherboard. Not possible to give proper help with no information at hand.

See, this time I am using C2Duo. And I think after 1-2 years, it will be quite slow so I will go for better processor + motherboard. That's it. I don't want any separate graphics etc.

Hope, it solves your query. Let me know if you want to know something else.

Thanks.

OP
S

shaiban001

Broken In
Antec VP450 and Seasonic S12II 430

Once again I would like to remind you that I am not using any separate GPU and neither I will use in future but still I need to spent that much of money or it can be achieved with some other reasonable PSU without compromising on any front?

Some people told that Antec has very limited service centers here in India. What is our stand for service center for both?

Once again I would like to remind you that I am not using any separate GPU and neither I will use in future but still I need to spent that much of money or it can be achieved with some other reasonable PSU without compromising on any front?

Some people told that Antec has very limited service centers here in India. What is our stand for service center for both?
Graphic card is not the only component receiving power from the PSU, all components are susceptible from poor power delivered by poor PSUs. 3500 investment for safeguarding your PS for now and for future is not at all bad.

OP
S

shaiban001

Broken In
Graphic card is not the only component receiving power from the PSU, all components are susceptible from poor power delivered by poor PSUs. 3500 investment for safeguarding your PS for now and for future is not at all bad.

Please clear the view on their service center experience. How smooth they are.

OP
S

shaiban001

Broken In
Please clear the view on their service center experience. How smooth they are.

Please clear anybody that how is Service Center experience for Seasonic? I live in HYD.

Thanks.

BTW, Cooler Master GX 450 Watts PSU is offering 5 years of warranty!!! What about it? Is that better than Seasonic in terms of build/service center experience?

*www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-gx-450-watts-psu/p/itmd5xz42zmhxna5

Final list for PSU on basis of build/service center experience and should be around 3.5k.

thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom