PSU problem?

aloodum

Journeyman
^^ Regarding a choice between two,i`'d choose the pricier CX430V2 oever the VS, and i guess its worth the difference given slighty better efficiency, longer cables, & better caps (CX430 has all SamXon , while vs450 has a mix with JunFu.) . Also prefer a single powerful rail

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
CX430V2 anyday over the VS450. The VS 450 is a region specific PSU having lesser quality compared to a CX430V2 as explained by aloodum.

OP
lm2k

lm2k

Journeyman
Max 3.5k Rs for psu.
Also cx 430 has 28 A on 12 V. Any idea abt vs 450 , it says like 20A on v1 and 18A on v2, now adding them wont give the answer as v1 is rated 20 when v2 is off.
Also this area often suffers from brownouts in evening(2 to 4 hrs) and early morning( as an average 170 volts) so would it be safe to turn on pc when using a corsair psu in a brownout of 170 volt?

aloodum

Journeyman
@@lm2k: As you have guessed, those current figures are just the max current limit for the respective rails. To get an ide about actual amps supplied, look for total wattage delivered on 12v rail and divide by 12. Say suppose its say total powered delivered on 12V is 300Watts...That means 300/12=25A
Now this 25 Amps can be divided like 10A on first rail and 15A on second rail.And that is why a single rail works better when rail current is low per rail...you would not want power hungry components on a single rail as the first rail tradiotionnaly is kept for CPU section

Regarding operating in lower voltages, i have personally used my gs600 at voltages 140-150V :p, though certainly not advised.It may be able to handle but would definitely stress out your caps and voltage regulating circuit.

OP
lm2k

lm2k

Journeyman
^ ok thnx for info.
so a cx430 would be fine.
for- single rail,quality components and efficiency.
but is this the best one for 3.5k budget? Also upto what extent cx430 can handle a dgpu. I mean what is the last dgpu(in terms of power) it can work with?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Check it.

power_maximum.gif

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
For 3.5K budget, you may look for Seasonic S12II 520 in the local market. You may get it @3.8K, which is better than CX430V2 and can provide more power and the added advantage is 80+ certification.

aloodum

Journeyman
^^ isnt seasonic having dodgy RMA/A.S.S issues in India (via tirupati i reckon) ? I think i have read about it on quite a few forums....:-?

OP
lm2k

lm2k

Journeyman
@d6bmg :Seasonic S12II 520 is very tempting but it costs around 4k on flipkart and locally all i can get is VIP gold atmost.

i really had a hard time convincing this friend of mine to get atleast a Corsair -430CXV2. but i have gone thru its review on hardware secrets which is really satisfying:razz:(i mean ,we get what we pay for)

and also about that thermal paste, how many applications does a deep cool zs5 syringe have? also what is the shelf life of it?(like in case of feviquik we use have to use it within 30days after opening)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think TiM lasts for 2 years ( acc to manufacturers ) after you start using it but I'vfe used one after 4 years and if sored correctly it will even work after such long period of time and talking about how manu time you can use one ? well a 4g tube is enough to use for 12-14 times ;-)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Afer opening a TIM, if you close the cap again, it lasts for ~1-2 years (depending on how carefully you preserve it).

OP
lm2k

lm2k

Journeyman
ok thnx a lot
abt psu i have fixed Corsair -430CXV2 and would place order tonite
thanx everyone.

Top Bottom