Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
I have a Zebronics 400Watt PSU (SMPS) which came with Zebronics Antibiotic cabinet.

The PSU fan was very noisy, and so I removed the Zebronics PSU Fan & replaced it with HP’s [I had a HP Desktop PC lying idle]. As the HP PC’s PSU fan was very quite operating.

I thought the PSU fan might be the culprit, but now I know it wasn’t. It’s the PSU itself, it runs the fan at a steady high rpm all the time, and the HP PSU fan has become noisier.

What should I do now, are there any silent PSU fans available or are there any PSU fans available with speed adjuster.
Reverting back to original fan won’t make much difference, as both will become noisy :p
or if i fit a fan with higher rating (amps,....), will it run slower as power supply to it will be less.

Note: I'm not good in electronics, i just know the basics:))

I have a little bit bigger side fan (won't fit in PSU), can I remove the PSU Fan & put this side fan behind (outside the cabinet, near power cable) & connect the fan to motherboard? do i put the PSU & PC in danger if i do that?

My PC config.
Intel dg965WH motherboard with latest BIOS
Intel Core2Duo e4500 ; Corsair 1GB RAM @800MHz
80GB Hitachi HDD

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
well it could be the PSU is being stressed too much so it has to dissipates the heat generated with a higher rpm of the fan

silent fans..i think it would more cost effective to buy a better PSU

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
this PC will be used as a Server/downloader :)) after Dell XPS arrives.

this PSU is not in stressed state, as you can see this PSU powers just one 80GB HDD, 3 LED fans. [no add-on cards]

all Zebronics 400w PSU are this noisy.:p

any solution till i get CM PSU?

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
can i connect the PSU fan's power codr to m/b rear fan slot?

coz all the cabinet fans (3) are connected thru cabinet's LCD display to power supply.

all except CPU fan slots are free.

=============================================
edit

*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/DSC07050.JPG*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/DSC07051.JPG*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/DSC07052.JPG

S.U.C.C.E.S.S.
*www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/aiw/biggrin.gif*www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/r/sgrin.gif*www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/b/coolgleam.gif

now i've PEACE atleast till the coolermaster psu arrives. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom