PSU Fan Replacement.

7shivam9

Broken In
I have almost 4year old PSU. Its Odyssey 230v.

Problem is that, its FAN isn't working anymore. It was not working since 2-3 months but I didnt knew that :eek: One day while cleaning PC I noticed a LOT of Dust on its wings... it was doubtful.
One day I Open'd my Cabinet,Took out PSU , Kept it out for Few hrs Till it gets to Normal Temperature.

I opened it and Unscrewed the FAN from it, Cleaned it ..and When I tried to move the Fan Wings with my Fingers...they were hard and the Fan was Jammed very fking Hard :/

I have also noticed that the FAN's wires are attached to the PSU's Circuit Board.

Can I replace the Fan ? Coz I don't want to buy a New PSU now , i'm anyways planing to buy Zeb 450W for the Future upgrade with new Cabin and components , but I NEED this to work for now.

And also Where can I buy these Fans? Ebay.in has 1 seller but shipping costs more than the FAN :lol:

Note : PC is working Fine No problems at all . just the PSU heats a bit more than Normal.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I have almost 4year old PSU. Its Odyssey 230v.

Problem is that, its FAN isn't working anymore. It was not working since 2-3 months but I didnt knew that :eek: One day while cleaning PC I noticed a LOT of Dust on its wings... it was doubtful.
One day I Open'd my Cabinet,Took out PSU , Kept it out for Few hrs Till it gets to Normal Temperature.

I opened it and Unscrewed the FAN from it, Cleaned it ..and When I tried to move the Fan Wings with my Fingers...they were hard and the Fan was Jammed very fking Hard :/

I have also noticed that the FAN's wires are attached to the PSU's Circuit Board.

Can I replace the Fan ? Coz I don't want to buy a New PSU now , i'm anyways planing to buy Zeb 450W for the Future upgrade with new Cabin and components , but I NEED this to work for now.

And also Where can I buy these Fans? Ebay.in has 1 seller but shipping costs more than the FAN :lol:

Note : PC is working Fine No problems at all . just the PSU heats a bit more than Normal.

get antec bp300p at 1.8k.
you can replace the fan, but getting a good psu is important.

OP
7shivam9

7shivam9

Broken In
I brought Zeb 450W T Sata PSU :) it was cheap , under my budget and Best for my requirements ... Im not going to buy high end cards So this was perfect for me :)
*n2.sdlcdn.com/imgs/a/a/a/Zeb_450W_T_Sata_Computer_Power_Supply_Gold_Series_m_1_2x-4f207.jpg

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I brought Zeb 450W T Sata PSU :) it was cheap , under my budget and Best for my requirements ... Im not going to buy high end cards So this was perfect for me :)
*n2.sdlcdn.com/imgs/a/a/a/Zeb_450W_T_Sata_Computer_Power_Supply_Gold_Series_m_1_2x-4f207.jpg

congrats
the name tells gold :) only god can tell how much time it will take to have fumes from gold ;)

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Never go for local brands and buy at least Antec VP450P or Seasonic S12II 450 or any thing higher which ever suits your purpose.

OP
7shivam9

7shivam9

Broken In
Man I don't have enough budget to buy Expensive psu's for 2-3k, And I dont have a Expensive gpu or high end components !
my budget is around 700rs. not even 1k ! I'm a High school student :3 I Can't afford expensive toys ! :oops:

I didn't canceled the order yet ,and what other options do I have ??????? this psu its cheap and extremely close to my budget.

maheshn

Journeyman
Man I don't have enough budget to buy Expensive psu's for 2-3k, And I dont have a Expensive gpu or high end components !
my budget is around 700rs. not even 1k ! I'm a High school student :3 I Can't afford expensive toys ! :oops:

I didn't canceled the order yet ,and what other options do I have ??????? this psu its cheap and extremely close to my budget.

If you haven't cancelled the order, I would go ahead and get it, because it will be certainly better than your 4 year old PSU, and it is quite sufficient to run a normal machine without a dedicated graphics card. It will also run a system with graphics card, which does not need a 6-pin or 8-pin power connector, without issues as long as you get a good unit.

And no, it will not give you the full 450w output. (Don't put too many items in your system).

Coming from someone who has replaced quite a few no-name PS Units with this for customers' budget constraints.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
In local Psu I would get VIP 400r+ Psu @0.8k..this has better output than any cheap zeby psu

It has 280w max output

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

then your only option is to get it and pray god ;)

OP
7shivam9

7shivam9

Broken In
Deal with it ! *www.frendz4m.com/forum/images/smiles/happy0069.gif
*s23.postimg.org/fuirjc36v/555375_579013365478567_2015200232_n.jpg
------------------------------
Thanks everyone for helping and Good morning *www.frendz4m.com/forum/images/new/brush.gif

Top Bottom