PSP slim and Lite - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Its something like PSPVideo Converotr 09...

I use Magic Video Convertor.

One more is there called WinAVI MP4 Convertor

Another one albeit a paid one is Xilisoft Video Convertor.

shri

Always Fresh!
I have used PSPvideo 9, Xvid4PSP and what not... But it takes about 5-7 hours to convert a 700MB movie. Does it depend on system config? What are the average times you guys spend on movie conversion?

BTW my config:
AMD 64 3000+
512MB RAM
240 GB HDD
Win XP SP3

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
omg, 5-7 hrs for converting a video for PSP ?? sh*t... :O:O ur config is better than mine and my s/w takes jus 15 mins to convert a movie for PSP format.. :)

I hv Win XP PRO+SP3+Vista transformation pack
2 GB DDR-I RAM
Intel P-IV 2 Ghz..
--------------
@ tarey_g waiting for ur answer buddy... :)
--------------

Cheers n e-peace...

shercheeta

Broken In
i started using this pspvideo9 since last week and it has been working well though converting 700 mb does take around 20 mins ...enjoyed heroes season 1 and 2 and prison break after converting.have stopped using laptop to watch movies these days actually :D

In btw guys great to see psp fans on the forum - have been scratching my head real hard
to install cfw on ma slim. only problem have no pandora battery around and no fat psp.
was wondering if someone can help me here !!!!

can't wait to have my ff8 on psp !!!

any pointers ??

I have used PSPvideo 9, But it takes about 5-7 hours to convert a 700MB movie. Does it depend on system config? What are the average times you guys spend on movie conversion?

IMHO it has probably to do with the settings you are using for conversion.
going with default settings without enhancing video(the quality is still decent) it took me round 20 mins for a 700 mb file on an intel core 2 duo xp sp2.

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

welcome to the PSP fan forum.. :D

well, i dnt think anyone here has a pandora batt.. but wait a min,... i think maxdemon (the user with this username) has this stuff.. so wait a day and he'll reply in this thread and help u.. :)

also, wat game are u currently playing ??

btw, so are u on an OFW (official firmware) ??

im on CFW 3.90 m333 and currently playing Puzzle quest.. :)
---------

Yup, i agree to ur point wherein u said the default setting for converting vids for PSP.. :) i think he must jus be applying alot of enhancing techniques and hence the delay.. :)
---------

Cheers n e-peace...

shercheeta

Broken In
hey ! thanks for the reply Ashu !
I got the method of making Pandoras battery but the hitch is to play my games i will again have to revert to normal.So having a Pandora (good name for da battery -how did they come up with it ? Reminds me again and again of Pandora's Temple stage in GOD of War - Real fun to beat !!!! Any suggestions for a good game in that category ? ) battery around and a cfw enabled psp makes it a real breeze.

Trying to catch some good samartian in Bangalore :) Would be fun !
How about a small meet up ? we used to do it quite frequently on another forum .

In btw i have got ofw 5.xx running on my psp (i know iknow - i intentionally upgraded it from 3.95 , found out that dark alex alreaddy has the corresponding cfw out !thyought what the heck ! we will experiment with the latest !!!
Playing Ridge Racer 2 , finished around 80% (Had fallen in love with R4 when i played it on PS1 8 years ago ! Loved the tracks ,loved the music -always felt r4 brings a style to racing games that no other ,feels like you are driving in some beautiful locations with some gr8 music playing !

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^

wich batt are u using ? ?the same 1200mAH that PSP S&L originally has, right? ?? so how come the battery drain still shows 24% remaining inspite of watching 3 movies ?? :O:O is this normal for the batt. to last so long .. ??

HI, Sry for the late reply .

I am using the standard 1200mAH battery, I saw three English movies(not long hindi ones) so total play time was roughly 5 hrs. I played the movies on lowest+1 brightness level (night time, higher brightness is strain on eyes) and had underclocked the xmb cpu settings (not very low or the movie wud become choppy, but i think the battery power was saved this way).

For video conversion i use PSPVideo9 or Xillisoft converter, and i convert movies to best settings for video and audio with full resolution 480x272, no compromise on quality :D . Does not take much time , 5 hrs to convert a movie is insane , check the compression settings you have done.

@ashu, looks like you are stuck with puzzlequest :D .

I am having hard time Defeating Lord Bane, that is the last fight and i am not still through it , so stuck on 99% :(

Last edited:

shri

Always Fresh!
Reinstalled the codecs. Now PSPVideo9 is showing an estimated time of 59 min to convert a top gear episode (1 hour in length). Not bad. Not bad at all...

And bought a Sony MDR EX32LP In-ear earphone. Awesome sound.
Rs. 1090 at Sony Center.

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
hey ! thanks for the reply Ashu !
I got the method of making Pandoras battery but the hitch is to play my games i will again have to revert to normal.So having a Pandora (good name for da battery -how did they come up with it ? Reminds me again and again of Pandora's Temple stage in GOD of War - Real fun to beat !!!! Any suggestions for a good game in that category ? ) battery around and a cfw enabled psp makes it a real breeze.

Trying to catch some good samartian in Bangalore :) Would be fun !
How about a small meet up ? we used to do it quite frequently on another forum .

In btw i have got ofw 5.xx running on my psp (i know iknow - i intentionally upgraded it from 3.95 , found out that dark alex alreaddy has the corresponding cfw out !thyought what the heck ! we will experiment with the latest !!!
Playing Ridge Racer 2 , finished around 80% (Had fallen in love with R4 when i played it on PS1 8 years ago ! Loved the tracks ,loved the music -always felt r4 brings a style to racing games that no other ,feels like you are driving in some beautiful locations with some gr8 music playing !
Well, im in mumbai, so meeting with u personally wont be possible..i guess.. :)

Also, the Pandora batt is NOIT named this way by Sony (i hope u must also be knwing this), its probably a glitch in the batt. wich was found by sum geeks and hence they named it this way.. but yes i agree its a cool name this.. Pandora :D

For good games like GOW, well its unique in its own category, (we all knw it) :D, but yes if u like tactical shooters, then the SOCOM series and Syphon Filter series of games are a real blast, but the GOW type of games wud be the PRINCE OF PERSIA (POP) series..

btw, u shud also try out sum lesser known titles like Puzzle Quest too, they are awesomely addictive.. :D

yup, i TOTALLY AGREE with ur take on the RIDGE RACER series, i too think they jus ROCK man.. :D hv played Ridge RAcer 2 (for the PSP) and they are jus satisfying and gr8 tracks too..

HI, Sry for the late reply .

I am using the standard 1200mAH battery, I saw three English movies(not long hindi ones) so total play time was roughly 5 hrs. I played the movies on lowest+1 brightness level (night time, higher brightness is strain on eyes) and had underclocked the xmb cpu settings (not very low or the movie wud become choppy, but i think the battery power was saved this way).

For video conversion i use PSPVideo9 or Xillisoft converter, and i convert movies to best settings for video and audio with full resolution 480x272, no compromise on quality :D . Does not take much time , 5 hrs to convert a movie is insane , check the compression settings you have done.

@ashu, looks like you are stuck with puzzlequest :D .

I am having hard time Defeating Lord Bane, that is the last fight and i am not still through it , so stuck on 99% :(

yup yar u got me additcted to so many of the nicest features, plugins of PSP also including this gr8 game too (puzzle quest-challenge of the warlords) :D im still on level 18 (warrior) and hv completed building all the towers and structures in my Citadel. .:D and now plannig to take over a city (but im still at health 103) and a city has a health of 215-225..so will hv to wait along time to capture, but im still to defeat tat 2 headed dugog at the KOR mountains :D

hey, i needa favour from u yaar, i need a link for my 3.90 m333 for that music.prx plugin.. plz do me this favour and giv me the link..i hv got the HOLD plugin but need this music plugin so tat i can play my mp3 while i play PQ

Reinstalled the codecs. Now PSPVideo9 is showing an estimated time of 59 min to convert a top gear episode (1 hour in length). Not bad. Not bad at all...

And bought a Sony MDR EX32LP In-ear earphone. Awesome sound.
Rs. 1090 at Sony Center.

are they (the earphones) better than the CREATIVE's EP 630 ones ?? any screenshots ?

any1 played Tom Clancys' End War?
heard that it aint that good a game.
hey dont go on reviews thing.. buddy :) i also heard tat GRAW2 (for the PSP) sucks, but wen i played it, it was jus as good.. :)

--------------------
--------------------

also (to tarey) hey buddy, is there any music lyrics plugin too ?? so tat i can read the lyrics as the song is being played ?? plz do me these 2 favours man... :)
------------------
-----------------

Last edited:

shri

Always Fresh!
are they (the earphones) better than the CREATIVE's EP 630 ones ?? any screenshots ?

I couldn't get my hands on EP 630 but going through this site *www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33952 (Post #4) I think I haven't made the wrong choice.
*www.turntablelab.com/images/content/6/0/60161.jpg*ucables.com/img/ipics/SONY-MDR-EX32LP-IN-EA-R24418.jpg*farm3.static.flickr.com/2139/2183844585_8b8d4d1985.jpg?v=0

Screenshots from Top gear converted by PSPVideo9
*img03.picoodle.com/img/img03/3/11/7/t_screen4m_d722cbc.png
*img03.picoodle.com/img/img03/3/11/7/t_screen2m_a5a9f7b.png
*img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/3/11/6/t_screen3m_b918aac.png
*img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/3/11/6/t_screen1m_6e3e188.png

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

thanx for the screenies.. :)

yup, EP 630 are also based on the same lines , infact the part where SONY is printed, is it hard ?? coz the EP 630's that similar part is soft silicon rubbery type.. :)

but, yes it looks good, dunno how it sounds, as never used them. :(

shri

Always Fresh!
Ya that part is made of hard plastic. Its comfortable though. Can wear them while sleeping. Doesn't hurt.

shercheeta

Broken In
hey hey !!!
Am so happy !!!!!!!!
Got m33 4.01 finally !!!!!!!!
just trying to experiment to play my ps1 games on this one heck of a Gadget !

"the Pandora batt is NOIT named this way by Sony (i hope u must also be knwing this)"
he he ! of course ! i was just wondering at the ingenuity of the guys who came up with the name !!!

"but the GOW type of games wud be the PRINCE OF PERSIA (POP) series..

btw, u shud also try out sum lesser known titles like Puzzle Quest too, they are awesomely addictive..
"

Puzzle quest seems to have quite a few of you tagged !
So definitely gonna give it a try !

ps- nice tip off for the sony headsets (Sony MDR EX32LP)
Was looking for one myself !
Gonna give it a try !

Meanwhile guys how about sharing some absolutely bombastic games that you have played !
Like GOW and Puzzle quest ! it would be good to hear about those really good games !!

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

well, for me the CREATIVE EP 630 are the best for PSP use.. :) so im happy with it..no plans of changing this with another brand..

Also..wat u wanna share (in wat sense) the so called "bombastic" games tat we hv played ?? lol.. :D

I hv played GOW, POP series, Puzzle quest, SOCOM series, Syphon Filter series and many more, wud u want me to post my PSP GAMES list ??? :D i wud do tat if u want to see the games list.. :)
------------

Cheers n e-peace...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
------------------------
------------------------
------------------------

A Problem: Guys, i placed the wallpapers made for the PSP (480x272 reso) into ms0:/PSP/PHOTO directory wen in USB mode and wen i DC my PSP from the USB mode, and goto the PICTURES in the PSP (wen the PSP is NOT connected to the usb mode) i jus cant see my wallpapers ???

I also tried placing the same PSP wallapapers in ms0:/PICTURES directory but still i cant see my wallpapers ??

wat to do now ??? i wanna change my PSP's bg (background)

shercheeta

Broken In
"u wanna share (in wat sense) the so called "bombastic" games tat we hv played ?? lol.. :D"

"wud u want me to post my PSP GAMES list ??? :D i wud do tat if u want to see the games list.. :smile:"

That's exactly what i had in mind !!!!

In btw i finished Spiderman 2 ...Started playing yesterday (was having fever so lying in bed had loads of time to spare when i had the energy :D )

Gotta say this thing -
Really had the "Spiderman" Experience !!!!
If you are looking for some serious web swinging combined with some fast gameplay
and some decent fboss ights it's one game to go for !!!

Really had fun cracking it.
Now looking forward to playing Venom !

@ ashu -which firmware version are you running ?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

well im on 3.90 m333 also tarey_g is on this very same firmware.. :) wat game is the spiderman ? action ?? or wat ?? plz post sumthing related to the game.. :)
=================

btw, waiting for tarey to come online, and naswer few of my plugins related querries..

===============

To SHerCheeta: well buddy here is my list of PSP games.. :)

--------------------
:| PSP GAMES LIST |:
--------------------

1.) Mercury meltdown
2.) Brunswick Pro Bowling
3.) Crush
4.) Echochrome
5.) Pinball
6.) N Plus
7.) Pipe Mania
8.) R type command

9.) ATV offroad Fury
10.) SBK 08
11.) MX vs ATM unleashed
12.) NFS Most wanted
13.) NFS Underground rivals
14.) Ridge Racer
15.) Ridge Racer 2
16.) sega rally revo
17.) Wipeout pure
18.) wipeout pulse
19.) WRC
20.) Flatout Head on
21.) Burnout Ledgends
22.) Burnout Dominator
23.) Twisted Metal Head On
24.) Ace X-Combat Skies of Deception

25.) SOCOM Tactical Strike
26.) SOCOM fireteam bravo
27.) SOCOM fireteam bravo 2
28.) Killzone Liberation
29.) Metal gear acid
30.) Metal Gear solid portable Ops
31.) Metal Gear solid portable Ops plus
32.) Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
33.) Syphon Filter Combat Ops
34.) Syphon Filter Logans shadow
35.) GRAW 2
36.) Rainbow 6 vegas

37.) fifa street 2
38.) ssx on tour
39.) virtua tennis 1
40.) virtua tennis 3
41.) everybody's golf 2 (hot shots golf 2)
42.) Tiger Woods PGA tour 08
43.) FIFA 08
44.) FIFA 09
45.) PES 08

46.) world of pool
47.) world snooker challenge

48.) God of war - Chains of olympus
49.) Final fantasy VII - crisis core
50.) Prince of persia - revelations
51.) tekken - dark resurrection
52.) street fighter alpha 3
53.) patapon