PSP slim and Lite - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Ya tarey I know about it,but anyways its not officially available in India from the begining itself so needn't worry :cool:moreover Its the sony's standard 1800mah battery(phat battery for PSP slim)which is discontinued(correct me if i'm wrong) so..:rolleyes:

*pspupdates.qj.net/Grab-one-now-PSP-s-extended-life-battery-gets-discontinued/pg/49/aid/123064

@ashu,

You can talk to the lynx guy, add him on yahoo. lynxchat@yahoo.com (Amarbir).
You are on techenclave forum so you can contact him via PM too.

Haven't got his courier yet, but i am not in hurry. He told me he will send it soon.

Last edited:

sumit.jaswal

Right off the assembly line
Hey Guys...

What's up???
Nice Review i must say..

well even i have bought the new PSP-PB just a few days ago running on 3.95 (Original Frimware)

I am from Mangalore and need some help relating to My few days old PSP..
Any one who can help me plz PM me..

Sumit Jaswal

Last edited:

Aaditya_S

Right off the assembly line
hey dudes, me gt a PSP slim and lite version 3.90 and me nt gt a memory card will gt it soon. But was wondering do i hav to downgrade my psp with the pandora battery kit and then upgrade it to version 3.90m33?? and can i do this widout a pandora battery, need some help here, will appreciate it if someone could help me out wid this bcoz me really want my psp modded. Bought it frm alfa, dnt knw if they do it?

Who

Guess Who's Back
Bad news for Slim PSP owners,
I had a chat with one trader and he told me the Logitech one for Slim will cost 1200/- INR for single order. The aluminium one will cost around 900/-

Your trader is lying there is NO logitech case for PSP slim , check the site it self it offeres only one case , don't pay the 1200 rupess it will be a fake one you do can your search on the net, if you don't believe me.

Good news for Phat PSP owners ,
I talked to lynx-india shop guy, he said he has the logitech one in stock but for the phat PSP, slim PSP can also fit in it but it rattles inside and the headphone socket is slightly on different position. cost is 500/- approx (as listed on website)

there is no point in buying from lynx india as the case is for a FAT PSP, so the slim will jus rattle inside creating scratches and sound...

I don't how much you guys trust me , i have 500 rupess version & it fits perfectly on my PSP slim the only thing problem is the headphone jack little off but its fits perfectly , it doesn't rattles even a bit. & tarry are sure that aluminium one allows on to use headphones when the case is closed , i don't think its even branded.
The best bet is logitech Playgear PSP or there is one another case which tried to look for couldn't find it , that's the only another one i know its branded , let's play games, music , video when the case is closed & ITS the best case for PSP slim IMO.

*www.amazon.com/Sony-PSP-Slim-Syste...ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1208501193&sr=1-1

If you guys find this case anywhere please contact me otherwise Logitech playgear PSP is your best bet.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
hey dudes, me gt a PSP slim and lite version 3.90 and me nt gt a memory card will gt it soon.
U can get a 4 GB sandisc mem stick pro duo for Rs.1600/- :) so purchase that.

But was wondering do i hav to downgrade my psp with the pandora battery kit and then upgrade it to version 3.90m33?? and can i do this widout a pandora battery, need some help here, will appreciate it if someone could help me out wid this bcoz me really want my psp modded. Bought it frm alfa, dnt knw if they do it?

alfa wont do any modding and such discussions are strictly not allowed here buddy, u may get banned for this.. so no discussions here...

check ur pm..

btw, u cant mod ur psp w/out the pandora battery,
__________________-

cheers n e-peace....

@tarey:
These are some snaps of my PSP case

sorry i have attached them as zip files.

yar, main bhi issi thread ka hissa hoon yar.. plz do not ignore me adn other members too.. :)

btw, ur zip i cant open it, it says damaged..
-------------------------------

cheers n e-peace...

Last edited:
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Your trader is lying there is NO logitech case for PSP slim .

Yes, coz the case will be out on 28th of august. That guy is not lying, he just told me the price based on the link I gave him.

@Sharks, Attaching files on this forum does not work, sucks.

Last edited:

Sharx

Xenophobic..!!
@ashu.he he hey don feel bad man.i just pointed tarey cos he spec asked me:)anyways next time it ll b general.
Dang! I tried inserting d pics directly but its not takin.askin for a link!so only i attached them.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ its the same, since it is SLIM , it is lite (light in weight) so the name slim and lite :D:D
-----------

Cheers n e-peace...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

well, as of current, YES :D

also, this is the 2nd version of the PSP known as PSP 2000, the previous one was a bluky (double the thickness of the SLIM psp) known as PSP PHAT (fat) it is not available anymore..

also, the psp slim (a.k.a psp slim adn lite) is much more advanced, has a lot of processing power and added internal RAM for smoother gameplay..

there are definitive and confirmed news of a 3rd version of PSP a.k.a PSP 3000 to be launched in the near future, there are no actual dates for its release adn its still in testing conditions.. :) ppl say that it will be touch screen with a phone built in as welll..
------------------

cheers n e-peace...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, the new psp, a.k.a PSP 3000 will retail for Rs.13000 (approx) or euro 199 from OCt, 2008 .. it has abuilt in microphone support, but i guess there is no dual analog stick, jus the one one it.. and yes no major improvement.. either in looks or in features.. :(

instead, sony is trying to make the new PSP (PSP 3000) anti pandora.. i.e ppl no longer will be able to use pandora batt, to down/up grade their psps... hence NO CFW or HOMEBREW...

Also, the PSP3000 will be shipped with 3 new games fifa 2009 and dont knw wat...along with a 4GB MSPD...(all crap, as if we were jus dying to buy the new PSP jus for the 3 new games and a new MSPD wich costs jus Rs.1500/- here in India..) :angry:

btw, there were many ppl who wrote "Y we shuldn't buy the new PSP", here were their comments..(and i totally agree with them) hv a read below.. guys...

Who knows there might be Psp-4000, Psp-5000, Psp-6000, Psp-7000 too in the near future, in the circle of PSP's lifespan.

There is nothing so great of buying a new " cherry on the top " psp just for the sake of few improvements, Unless it has 2 analog sticks, it's not an improvement at all. After all , it's still the PSP , not PSP2.

well, unless you do not have a psp yet, the 3000 is worth a consideration, although psp-2000 is good enough.

----------------------------------

if the next psp is called the psp 280000001 with 2 analogs, an even bigger screen, easier user interface, and bundle with a new katamari game then i will buy it.
I loved this comment :D:D

So True my slim works just as good as a 3000 with out 2 things but thats why have a headset and that new screen dont care about BUT if sony made a psp with 4 triggers and 2 joysticks and can play ps2 i would be the frist too buy it

Cheers n e-peace...

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
Is there any plugin or any function that allows the video playback to be of full screen on the PSP irrespective of the resolution of the video ?

To be more precise , like the zoom feature in televisions !

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ You can play the vid on fullscreen, hit triangle and choose resize from the options available. It will retain the resolution ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom