PSP slim and Lite - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

shri

Always Fresh!
@tarey_g, @ashu888ashu888
Thanks guys. I'm having a tough time finding magic gate supported memory sticks. Any online shops that offers it at reasonable price?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ shri

buddy, if u live in Mumbai, u can get it in good Computer Stationary shops like the Anupam branches in Andheri West, Goregaon East, Borivili area...

In general: jus ask for Memory Stick Pro Duo (wich is ofcourse from Magic gate company) for Digital cameras...

Hv u searched on ebay.in ? if u live in Mumbai and still not finding it, i purchased it from goregaon east, a 4GB MSPD (Memory Stick pro duo) of magic gate will cost Rs.1600/- with 1 yr warranty, similarly a 1 GB MSPD=Rs.700/-, 2 GB MSPD=Rs.1050/-

Cheers n e-peace....

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Correction , MagicGate is a copy protection tecnology, we dont need it for the PSP but since all MSPD's these days by default come with these so it comes handy to recognize the orignal ones from the fake ones. The fake mem sticks will also have magicGate written over them but they wont support it .
You can get orignal sandisk MSPD from *www.lynx-india.com/ for about 1800/- approx.

4GB one is listed here *www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=1152

Personally never got anything from this website, but it seems good.

Last edited:

Sharx

Xenophobic..!!
Yes but there are instances where if ur memory stick isn't Magic gate certified,it leads to hangups while gameplay and some jitters in video playing..Not very sure of it but other users of these fake MS say that.Anyways,In bangalore you can get an orig one from so many places,like from golcha on S.P road and from big stores like chroma and reliance.Better take ur PSP with you,check the MS and then buy it,you can buy a fake one under 800 bucks but with Magic gate support it costs arnd 1800.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
no idea. as i didn't mod my psp myself. but that guy used some magic memory stick while installing custom firmware

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I want this , any idea from where can I get this cover..

*www.solware.co.uk/2005-images/SonyPsp6.jpg
*www.solware.co.uk/2005-images/SonyPsp7.jpg
*www.m3-online.com/catalog/images/psp%20leather%20waist%20case%20vert%20-%20pic2%20sl.jpg

or any similar product..

or this

*static.flickr.com/101/311529710_ff6f0871ab_o.jpg
*static.flickr.com/109/311529732_27e8e886b9_o.jpg

or this ..

*oneapiprod.synnex.com/image_technote/I160179662.jpg

Or this

*images.play.com/covers/930017m.jpg

or this aluminium case, looks sexy

*www.glblsrc.com/shop/product_image.php?imageid=489

*www.glblsrc.com/shop/product_image.php?imageid=490

This soft Cover is also awesome

*www.johnsonyuki.com/images/psp%20bag.JPG

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ lol cool covers yaar, from where do u get so many pics of PSP cases ??:D:D

its easy to get them out from India but here, its really tough one, maybe if we talk to ninja wala guy maybe (maybe) he can arrange it for us in a bulk order...

shri

Always Fresh!
I just now opened up the battery. Its a real pain to open it. Needs a lot of patience. Put everything back after looking at the board. Didn't have the guts to try the track cut method or bridge contacts...

feedmespeed

Becoming a Guru.......
Heya All,
Just got my PSP today. Not from Ninja, but from S.P. Sales, a shop just ahead of Ninja and around the bend on the same side. He gave me a nice deal. The Ninja guy maybe charges all a non-negotiable cost maybe cause he has got a clue his name is being used someplace to buy PSP's :!: U can get a PSP at least 300 bucks cheaper here.
The 4 gb original sandisk memory card cost me 1700 and 200 for the crystal case.
He charges 100 per game. I got 2 of them, Brian Lara Cricket and Metal Gear Solid 2. Until I get more games :p
I forgot to take the USB cable, so have not tried the music or videos :(
But the gaming experience till now is awesome...I can only imagine how will it be when I get better games...I have yet to buy a decent set of ear phones....getting confused which one to buy...can anyone advise on the best?
Until next time....happy gaming...

And a special thanks to Ashu, who has been my guide throughout making this decision.. Thanks pal.. :smile: Happy gaming all..

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

congrats man :D:D:

1.) well for the USB, buy the usb cable wich is used to connect the mobile phone to the PC i mean i think its known as the USB-to-Mini USB cord.... i hope u got it wat it looks like....

2.) u shud hv purchased the CREATIVE EP 630 STEREO EAR PHONES... it costs Rs. 650/- in Lam rd. and also check out at alfa...

BUT BUT... if u plan to buy it from a mall. it will be heavily priced at Rs.1200/- so better check out at alfa or any shop nearby ur area..

3.) check ur email... too :D:D
-----------------------

4.) Post screenshots buddy, if u can, i wanna see the crystal case...
-----------------------
Cheers n e-peace.....

----------------------

U shud now EDIT ur SIGNATURE's WISHlist adn remove the PSP from the wishlist to the OWNED list... :D:D:D , see my siggy for details :D:D
-----------------------

Cheers n e-peace....

Last edited:

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Off Topic:

Hey guys, I see that many of you already had a PS2... I intend to get one solely for playing God of War 1 and 2. Will it be feasible to get one from US ($129.99) and mod it OR get one from India local (I guess modded ones are available freely)? Can any of you please let me know what is the current price of a modded PS2 in kolkata and from where (which shop/store esp. in Chandni Chowk) can I buy it? Also, is it feasible/possible to hook up the PS2 to PC via TV Tuner card and use my home CRT 17" monitor as its display ???? I have minimal knowledge pertaining to consoles. PSP is my official first console and I am simply blown away by GOW: chains of olympus (playing it the 5th time right now and simply can't stop).. and wanna eagerly experience the rest of GOW series..... Thanks in advance.. :)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
well, dont knw abt the availability of modded PS2's

but original PS2 cost Rs.6990/- official....and its better to buy it from India...

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
Well i m loving my new PSP .. Its just an awesome gadget ... Gr8 sound quality , giant display ! well havem't tried my hands on gaming yet coz i haven't modded it !

But , i m too looking for the covers for it .. both crystal and hard cover ! BTW guys , whats the battery backup of ur PSP's on full on music and videos ?

Are there any softwares available for the OFW ? And , which app shud i use to get a movie with smallest size and gr8 quality to transfer to device !

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^
not a problem mate;; : )
--------------------

to BB:

buddy, u can google for PSP VIDEO CONVERTER and it will convert ur videos from PC to ur PSP compatible format,... :) with gr8 quality too.. so be rest assured.. :) as for the crystal case, it better to buy that as the PSP is much more safe.. u'll get it for Rs.200/-

Cheers n e-peace....

Sharx

Xenophobic..!!
@ tarey_g: The first one and the aluminium one looks nice..:)anyways I don need it as I have my hard cover..:)Its like a small suitcase with a zip..very cute..:)

ok back to the topic,I have entered into the arena like you guys and currently playing DAXTER.And well after two days of gameplay now i know why Daxter is the most selling title of psp till date..;):D
Gameplay experience is plain awesome..!!!!
Ok now a problem for which check ur PM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom