PSP slim and Lite - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
^ there's no option of screen resize ... only option of screen mode which has the sub modes of original and normal ! i m on OFW 3.95 ! does this needs CFW ?

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Nah , those are the modes supported , serves my purpose. I think you want to fit any video on the screen, ignoring the aspect ratio ,right?

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
bhaiyo me to buying a psp but will it be easy to mod and what if i am unable to ? then it will become paper weight ??

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

the PSP slim and lite is easy to mod (but do not try it urself, as being a noob at this, u can brick it easily if nt done properly)...no further details regarding modding can be discussed further here as per forum rules.. :)
---------------

Cheers n e-peace...

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
@ Gaurav , thnx buddy !

@ Krates , IMO get ur PSP modded from a professional....they charge a max. of Rs. 500 /- ( Rs. 200/- in Delhi )... they just do it in 5 mins. ! The process is a bit complicated and if u do it urself , there's a chance that ur mite get ur PSP bricked ! Once u get it done by a pro. , it wil give u peace of mind !

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever
hey even i m plannin' 2 buy PSP by 2morrow i'll get it......but even 1 thnig is eating my head i.e. is about PS2 wht should i buy......help needed

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
ooh ok ok.. :p

well see if u like gamin on a big screen like tv, u can go in for PS2 (Rs.6990/- official) but if u want a portable gaming solution, then go in for a PSP (Rs.8990/- Official)....
---------------
PS2 is a bit bulky as compared to the PSP...but yes gaming on both of the consoles is pure fun.. :D

also, u can get either of them modded...(wich ever u plan to buy) :)

Offtopic: I hv both of them :D:D
--------------

Cheers n e-peace...

I too got my modded PSP slim and lite 3 days back from Palika,New Delhi.Modding charges,just 150 bux!
Hey when I apply the screen guard it forms air bubbles and without air bubbles it does not stick.WTF!

BTW I bought PSP Slim and Lite+PSP 2000 kit+4GB Original Memory stick+some stupid panasonic earphones,using my Apple ones though.
I can plug it into my TV and do all sorts of crazy stuff.PSP FTW!
Any useful apps for PSP?I'm on FW3.80.
Can I update my modded PSP?Any risk?
And temme some good emulators please:D

Last edited:

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i have modded psp myself and i am 15 year old . i just bricked a battery to do hard modding (later discovered it was done right ) and i now have CFW

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
my frnd said using padora battery application help it bring back so i will be buying it soon added some psp geeks to yahoo will talk you all !@!

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
I too got my modded PSP slim and lite 3 days back from Palika,New Delhi.Modding charges,just 150 bux!
Hey when I apply the screen guard it forms air bubbles and without air bubbles it does not stick.WTF!

well, u can apply it w'out any air bubbles..but u will hv to apply it starting from one corner and then slowly(goin diagonally) to the other corner... :)

BTW I bought PSP Slim and Lite+PSP 2000 kit+4GB Original Memory stick+some stupid panasonic earphones,using my Apple ones though.
I can plug it into my TV and do all sorts of crazy stuff.PSP FTW!
Any useful apps for PSP?I'm on FW3.80.
Can I update my modded PSP?Any risk?
And temme some good emulators please:D
cfw discussions not allowed in the forum guys, PLZ do not make this thread banned !!! use other methods to contact ppl..

i have modded psp myself and i am 15 year old . i just bricked a battery to do hard modding (later discovered it was done right ) and i now have CFW
pplz no modding discussions plz yaaron.,,,, use other means to discuss them....
my frnd said using padora battery application help it bring back so i will be buying it soon added some psp geeks to yahoo will talk you all !@!
yup, use different means to contact ppl..
-----------------

p!e

Broken In
psp 3000 is out

psp - 3000 is out
Didn’t take Sony too long now did it, the PSP-3000 has been officially announced at Games Convention 2008 in Leipzig. Sony president David Reeves announced that PSP-3000 will go on sale this October, starting on the 15th, it will have a price of 199€ and will be a bundle pack including a 4gb memory card plus a game. The standalone PSP-3000 will be priced at $169 and will be out later this year.*pspslimhacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/psp-30012.jpg
The new model is *just* *pspslimhacks.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif a hardware refresh, it has a built-in microphone, an enhanced LCD screen with significantly less glare and more vibrant colors. Its also sports a smoother design and look over the PSP Slim. Unfortunatly thats it, no hard-drive, no 65nm CPU or increased battery life it seems or any of our wishes. I guess that will happen in the PSP2 ?
source .

*pspslimhacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/psp-3000-image-4-180x180.jpg

back view

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^
well, jus think wat will happen to the PSP 3000,lol..

read these comments...:

Who knows there might be Psp-4000, Psp-5000, Psp-6000, Psp-7000 too in the near future, in the circle of PSP's lifespan.

There is nothing so great of buying a new " cherry on the top " psp just for the sake of few improvements, Unless it has 2 analog sticks, it's not an improvement at all. After all , it's still the PSP , not PSP2.

well, unless you do not have a psp yet, the 3000 is worth a consideration, although psp-2000 is good enough.
if the next psp is called the psp 280000001 with 2 analogs, an even bigger screen, easier user interface, and bundle with a new katamari game then i will buy it.

So True my slim works just as good as a 3000 with out 2 things but thats why have a headset and that new screen dont care about BUT if sony made a psp with 4 triggers and 2 joysticks and can play ps2 i would be the frist too buy it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom