PSP slim and Lite - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Congrats to all whoever got the PSP :) .

^^ lol cool covers yaar, from where do u get so many pics of PSP cases ??:D:D

its easy to get them out from India but here, its really tough one, maybe if we talk to ninja wala guy maybe (maybe) he can arrange it for us in a bulk order...

Some of them are available here in Pune, but at rediculous price. Lynx-india site is selling them for less, i guess i will order from there.
btw, are the games on the way ? :D

But , i m too looking for the covers for it .. both crystal and hard cover ! BTW guys , whats the battery backup of ur PSP's on full on music and videos ?

I highly recommend you using the Hold plugin for saving battery while listening to mussic, it shuts down th screen fully and underclocks your PSP to save power. Last night i was listening songs on PSP for abt one hour and the battery drained was just 3%.

I am gonna leave forr my hometown on 14th on 5 days vacation. Journey is 16+ hrs , i have my psp loaded with two movies(and 1.5 gig of music) to keep me occupied.

@ tarey_g: The first one and the aluminium one looks nice..:)anyways I don need it as I have my hard cover..:)Its like a small suitcase with a zip..very cute..:)

Can you post a pic of the cover you have ?

@Pathik, what haappened to your PSP mate ?

This case is awesome, I want this ...i want this...

Logitech PlayGear Pocket

*ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Y2151BXTL._SS400_.jpg
*ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41vGpmYrhAL._SS400_.jpg

Doubles as a stand
*ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41FnhkkMnlL._SS400_.jpg

damn, nothing is available here in India.

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ the games are on the way buddy, i think feedmespeed (ritesh) willl get them today by courier that i'd sent him few days back...

btw, if u order for PSP cases, do ask me too, as i'll too tell u and u and maybe the other guys as well here and then we can place a bulk order for any ONE of the selected cases.. :D
-------------------------

@shark plz edit ur post containing the so called modification thingy... as its against the forum rules....
-------------------------

cheers n e-peace...

-----------------

wat is this HOLD plugin ?? ios it a s/ware to be used for the PSP ?? pl;z giv a small description... tarey...
---------------

Last edited:
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Hold+2.4 :
Very useful plugin (saves battery charge), turn on the Hold switch to automatically disable the display and underclock the CPU (61 MHz). Turn off the Hold switch to return the CPU to normal speed and enable the display.
If you hold the UP d-pad button when turning off the hold switch, the display will remain switched off and the CPU will remain underclocked, but you can operate the PSP. This is useful if you just need to adjust the volume, fast forward/rewind, or to skip to the next song, without unnecessarily turning on the display. To return to normal, just press the Screen button. This plugin also fixes the irritating issue of accidently putting your PSP in stand-by mode while pushing the hold button up to release the PSP from keypad lock mode.

btw, if many ppl need the Aluminium case(See attachment) or the logitech one above then the bulk order is possible , I just know the guy for this job.

Last edited:
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
yup some prob with attachment , btw . The Logitech Playgear slim cover is coming on Aug 26 2008 and will cost 15$ (link)

Whoever wants it , pls post it here . If we have enough collective orders we can get it from a dealer at fair price. Its awesome cover, has openings for charging input and earphone socket, power switch, and also doubles as a stand. see the pics in previous post.

I want it , and i think ashu also wants one. Tell me so we can preorder.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ tarey:
+1 for the alumi case :D:D

@ BB:
Did u mean the battery life of the PSP ?? after a single charge ?? well i hv played games on it for a duration of 4-5 hrs b4 it gets OFF manually (due to low power) :D

@ everyone:
the battery for PSP mentioned on the lynx site says it has capacity of 30hrs and 20hrs for 2200mh and 2600 mh resp.

Guys, who want the casing for the PSP, plz post ur yes/no the next time u post here :)
-----------------------------

Cheers n e-peace....

---------------

or if u guys hv any other choices too, plz post them here :)
--------------

Last edited:
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
The trader is saying that he can not take individual orders, so he il not be ordering the case just for me :(. Guys whoever wants it pls inform .

Also which one you prefer , the Aluminium one or the Logitech one?

feedmespeed

Becoming a Guru.......
+1 for Logitec

+1 for Alumni case too :D
------------------------

Cheers n e-peace...
@tarey - Whats the cost of both of these? If its costing below 500 bucks then the Logitech one for me... PM me ur address so I can send u the stuff.

@ashu - Do u know any place where we can get addtl battery for the PSP and its cost?

well, dont knw abt the availability of modded PS2's

but original PS2 cost Rs.6990/- official....and its better to buy it from India...
Confirmed..modded PS2 in alfa @ 6500.

Last edited:
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Bad news for Slim PSP owners,
I had a chat with one trader and he told me the Logitech one for Slim will cost 1200/- INR for single order. The aluminium one will cost around 900/- .

Good news for Phat PSP owners ,
I talked to lynx-india shop guy, he said he has the logitech one in stock but for the phat PSP, slim PSP can also fit in it but it rattles inside and the headphone socket is slightly on different position. cost is 500/- approx (as listed on website)

@feedmespeed , chk your PM.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
hmmm...

im still GAME ON for the slim cases...the logitec one...if we bulk order it maybe the price can cum dwn from 1200 ...wat say tarey ??

there is no point in buying from lynx india as the case is for a FAT PSP, so the slim will jus rattle inside creating scratches and sound...
-------------

Cheers n e-peace...

Sharx

Xenophobic..!!
^^ NO chances that we will find many ppl wanting that case.

Yes man i also think so,its kinda on the higher side..anyways I shall be posting my cover pics by this wknd(li'le busy right now so)..

Also does anyone know about PSP 250 battery,a guy told me about it and told its a powerful battery for PSP slim..I don know the specs so asking..
I personally think a cover more than 600 is on the higher side so better to save money and invest in an extra more powerful battery(or an extra MS maybe) after all v don want to be disturbed when gaming..:D:D;)coz of d damn battery running out..its also helpful when ur travelling..

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
PSP extra life battery has been discontinued by Sony(just two days ago). So those who want it should buy now or you wont see any in stock after some time.

I want that Aluminium case as it will just fit the psp andcan easily slide in my pockets too. Damn !!

Sharx

Xenophobic..!!
PSP extra life battery has been discontinued by Sony(just two days ago). So those who want it should buy now or you wont see any in stock after some time.

I want that Aluminium case as it will just fit the psp andcan easily slide in my pockets too. Damn !!
Ya tarey I know about it,but anyways its not officially available in India from the begining itself so needn't worry :cool:moreover Its the sony's standard 1800mah battery(phat battery for PSP slim)which is discontinued(correct me if i'm wrong) so..:rolleyes:

Anyways which cover you have tarey??
and other psp gamers,which cover you have?
Personally I dint go for a crystal case coz it scratches PSP corners (and sometime screen edges) like it does to cell phones,so I have a hard cover and a screen guard on my PSP and to keep a tab on fingerprints I keep a soft cloth(d one which comes wid spects;)) in my cover..:):)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
im planning to buy either the 2200mah(30 hrs) or the 2600mah (20 hrs) battery for the PSP slim from lynx india...

lets see wen i buy it...as it is they hv writteh it offers 20 hrs and 30 hrs of batt. power to the psp...i asked them if this power was really 20 hrs on playing games or watching movies!! so there was no reply from their side.. :(

tarey, if u can contact them, can u ask this plz (from my side) as a favour...

btw, did u get the DVDss (from ritesh) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom