}}}} PS3 Vs XBOX 360 {{{{

Who is the best?

• Total voters

faraaz

Evil Genius
Those ergonomic controllers will have you feeling nice and comfy while you whiff moves left right center when playing any game requiring precise inputs on the 360...oh wait...half the games worth playing are FPS and those don't really need too much precision :rolleyes:

@ctrlaltdel: See...PS3 has re-incorporated rumble in the controllers...so you might want to check up on news a bit before making comments like that. How does the humble pie taste mate?

@Zeeshan: Ever tried playing a game on the 360 where you need to use the D-Pad? Lets see how comfortable your fingers are after that...and btw, you can never play pro level with those **** controllers. Of course, 360 games are crap at any rate so you never need to have high performance skill but if you had to play say...Tekken or MvC, you would get your ass handed to you in a minute flat...

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
faraaz said:
Those ergonomic controllers will have you feeling nice and comfy while you whiff moves left right center when playing any game requiring precise inputs on the 360...oh wait...half the games worth playing are FPS and those don't really need too much precision :rolleyes:
That is if you don't count the ultra-fast reflexes required in Dead or Alive 4 and the "Raijin Throw"(in DOA4) which requires the precise movements of BOTH the analog sticks to be completed .

Also , the level of Control i get in Burnout revenge on my 360 is far better than what i get on my PS3 . The 360 controller lets me whiff past each and every vehicle with pure precision .

*z.about.com/d/vgstrategies/1/0/Y/ps2controller.jpg
*media.gwn.com/articles_mp/134652890044bb2bd029566.jpg
*www.imagelodge.net/imgs/rockstarrem/xbox360controllerjd6.jpg

@faraaz , as you see the angle at which your thumg rests is very small(almost zero) compared to your natural thumb position so when u hold the 360 controller(or the dreamcast one) you place your thumb on the stick in a position as it it weren't present there and u placed your thumb there by default , the D-Pad is just below the stick and is at almost the same angle to the right of the thumb .

But in the case of the PS2 , the analog stick is placed quite far away and you literally have to stretch your thumb to be able to control it which firstly puts strain on your thumb and prevents precise movement .

faraaz

Evil Genius
@Zeeshan: Chalk it up to personal preference then...but just look at the 360 controller in the pic above...D-Pad is in one corner, face buttons in the other...hand doesn't hurt for you when playing?? I tried for a couple of days for DoA 4 and gave up. Thumbs started hurting...

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
faraaz said:
D-Pad is in one corner, face buttons in the other

That's the main point Man . both these controls are each on one edge of the controller so you can rest both your hands and play comfortably and Do not have to stretch your fingers to the middle of the controller to control the Analog stick as in the case of the PS2 .

faraaz

Evil Genius
@pan145: Best advice anyone can give you...make a list of which console has more games that you absolutely HAVE to play and just buy that one...

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
faraaz said:
@ctrlaltdel: See...PS3 has re-incorporated rumble in the controllers...so you might want to check up on news a bit before making comments like that. How does the humble pie taste mate?

Dude! Dude!! Dude!!! I never realised being in the FightClub section made sane people like you behave like other 13 year olds! I enjoy reading your posts and consider you as a sane, thinking memeber of this forum. So it is dissapointing when you miss my point entirely and go on the offensive.

Have a look at what I said. I said, Sony went out first and said Rumble is not possible with SIXAXIS. It said it interferes with the motion sensors. Now it's going out and bringing in the Rumble Effect. That's why I said SONY has to eat its words!

Come on, give me atleast that much of credit that I would look up the facts before I say something.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
whatever any one say but PS3 is getting light years aways from xbox360 in current polls .PS3 lags because it late by 1 year as compared to XBox360 ..other wise PS3 is champ

faraaz

Evil Genius
@ctrl_alt_del: If indeed I misread your post, I apologize. But I could have sworn you said PS3 controllers dont have Rumble...

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
faraaz said:
@ctrl_alt_del: If indeed I misread your post, I apologize. But I could have sworn you said PS3 controllers dont have Rumble...
He said that Sony said that Rumble wasn't possible on the Sixaxis because it interfered with IR Sensing , but how has now Sony been able to re-incorporate rumble into the Sixaxis , doesn't it interfere now ?

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
xbox 360 for me coz at this moment it is ruling with its titles.who cares for having good proc,core,etc in a ps3 when there are no games to utilise that?

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
nish_higher said:
and probably there's some christmas offer of 4 free games.i'm not sure though.i just heard it from my computer dealer.

Yes. Infact, there is such an offer out in the market.

Read about it here.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
You missed Wii. My fav is wii anyway.
PS3 is so power hungry and to go on the web on XBOX 360 you need to pay

PCWORM

UBERGEEK
xbox 360 for me coz at this moment it is ruling with its titles.who cares for having good proc,core,etc in a ps3 when there are no games to utilise that?
+1.......and xbox360 has beaten ps3 in the recent graphics comparison war...
here's the source,,,,
*www.gamespot.com/features/6171831/index.html

then where is all the horsepower the PS3 is capable,,,i agree it has got gr8 hardware,,
but developing games on it is a tough-deal with openGL...!!

And wait till this coming november when Gears of war 2 releases,,,ull see what the 360 is capable of...

Last edited:
OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3WE_4NH7rA

you may want to see this ....and see related videos....

ps3 is a killer and now with many developers actually jumping onto the ps3 bandwagon... i think we will start seeing more high graphics content from ps3 ..and did i forget to mention "4D Graphics: A Reality Only For PlayStation 3"

Musicmaker23

PowerDaemon
Re: }}}} PS3 Vs XBOX {{{{

PS3 is the definite winner,

People have been moaning for long of how expensive the PS3 is, well you can get a modded PS3 for around 24K, and with bill and warranty a 60GB PS3 costs 30K whereas an XBOX 360 premium costs 27K,

And in a PS3 you get a Blu-Ray drive which is completely next-gen and one can even load Linux on their PS3 and use it like a PC,

The XBOX isnt even completely nextgen(has only a DVD drive) and developers have already used up 90% of the 360s resources,
Whereas only 30% of the PS3s power has been used,

And the PS3 offers complete backward compatibility with the 60GB PS3s, but the 360 does'nt offers very limited backward compatibility,

So with prices almost equal and since the PS3 offers much-much more at the relatively same price as that of the 360, the PS3 is the definite winner.
you said it all dude,
let's put this into perspective: Samsung blu-ray player rs.29000 whereas the complete modded package of PS3 is rs.23000, games available now all over the country!! why settle for the XBOX whose tech is now considered juvenile in front of the PS3?

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Re: }}}} PS3 Vs XBOX {{{{

PS3 is the definite winner,

People have been moaning for long of how expensive the PS3 is, well you can get a modded PS3 for around 24K, and with bill and warranty a 60GB PS3 costs 30K whereas an XBOX 360 premium costs 27K,

And in a PS3 you get a Blu-Ray drive which is completely next-gen and one can even load Linux on their PS3 and use it like a PC,

The XBOX isnt even completely nextgen(has only a DVD drive) and developers have already used up 90% of the 360s resources,
Whereas only 30% of the PS3s power has been used,

And the PS3 offers complete backward compatibility with the 60GB PS3s, but the 360 does'nt offers very limited backward compatibility,

So with prices almost equal and since the PS3 offers much-much more at the relatively same price as that of the 360, the PS3 is the definite winner.

sorry for quoting whole para...

but wht do u mean by modding bro ??

do u mean to say cracked version ... if thats sooo.... then i think u r wrong bro.. coz ps3 isnt still hacked after nearly 2 years

Top Bottom