PS3 buying then jailbreaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freedom.Forever

free speech, forever
My friend wants to buy ps3. He will only run backed up(forum rules prevent me) games(knowing its illigal and blah blah). I want to ask that if he gets a new console from flipkart or letsbuy, would he be able to jailbreak it??(I mean geohot method only works for firmware v3.55)

he never wants online play, just the exclusives.

please dont tell to buy second hand games etc etc.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
My friend wants to buy ps3. He will only run backed up(forum rules prevent me) games(knowing its illigal and blah blah). I want to ask that if he gets a new console from flipkart or letsbuy, would he be able to jailbreak it??(I mean geohot method only works for firmware v3.55)

he never wants online play, just the exclusives.

please dont tell to buy second hand games etc etc.

Highly probable it will be above firmware 3.55. Cannot be modded.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Read this FAQ: PS3 hacking thread (ver. 2)

We won't entertain piracy here. Only jailbreaking.

sygeek

Technomancer
Do yourself a favor, don't try to buy a modded PS3. Buy games legally instead, and when you're done with them, just sell them on ebay and repeat. That's what my cousin does.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do yourself a favor, don't try to buy a modded PS3. Buy games legally instead, and when you're done with them, just sell them on ebay and repeat. That's what my cousin does.
This.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Originally Posted by sygeek

Off Topic :
This method doesn't help the cause..I'm not trying to be a preacher but just sharing my point..
You buy a game for 2500..play it and then resell it on Ebay for 1500...The guy who buys from you..does the exact same thing..It's still kind of stealing, I mean only 1 guy is actually paying the developers/Publishers...as they get money for only 1 copy..All the others are using the same copy and they are paying the previous guy some money...so u definitely benefit from it, and so do the next guy and so on..but the real fight against piracy is because the developers aren't paid for their hardwork...

Just to mention I used to be a huge pirate myself..I was a student, and naive etc..But now I stick with buying Games :D

@OP The models you will buy right now are gonna be 4.00 so u can't jailbreak them..You can inquire the stores(if they know) about the firmware on the console :p

Last edited:

sygeek

Technomancer
Off Topic :
This method doesn't help the cause..I'm not trying to be a preacher but just sharing my point..
You buy a game for 2500..play it and then resell it on Ebay for 1500...The guy who buys from you..does the exact same thing..It's still kind of stealing, I mean only 1 guy is actually paying the developers/Publishers...as they get money for only 1 copy..All the others are using the same copy and they are paying the previous guy some money...so u definitely benefit from it, and so do the next guy and so on..but the real fight against piracy is because the developers aren't paid for their hardwork...

Just to mention I used to be a huge pirate myself..I was a student, and naive etc..But now I stick with buying Games :D

@OP The models you will buy right now are gonna be 4.00 so u can't jailbreak them..You can inquire the stores(if they know) about the firmware on the console :p
If OP is able to pay the developers for their hardwork, he wouldn't be asking to mod his PS3 at the first place. I'm just encouraging him to stay legal.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Off Topic :
I don't agree...the developers will get the full benefit of the MRP it was sold
considering your example...

Amt sold--> 2500 + 1500 + 500 + 200
Amt bought-->(1000) (1000) (300) (200) = 2500 {this is the amount the user actually pays after selling it 2nd hand}
so u can see the game cost remains same throughtout the buying cycle... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom