ps2 doesnt accept the dvd

tousif

Journeyman
hiee
i got a ps2 that i have shipped from USA. but am getting a problem.
when i insert a ps2 original or pirated DVD it say that "please insert a ps2 format disc"

this problem is from beginning. i got just 20 days ago. i am so helpless..
so plzzz can anyone help regarding the problem.

can i use a 'modchip'. and will it help me..
plz give me the solution

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
That will not happen if you use Legit disc. That will only happen if you insert illegit copies or the discs that are in formats other than PlayStation, PlayStation 2 or DVD Movie.

Modding can be done, to boot backup copies.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
I'm not sure wether this applies to ps2 or not, but dvds are region locked to play with the player of the same region. The DVD code for the ones sold in India is 5 and your ps2 may have the US dvd code and as they don't match, the disc won't play.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Exactly. Region locking applies to the games that you have purchased.

Since you have an NTSC/US console, only NTSC/US and Region Free games would work in it. Mod chip will allow you to boot any region DVD's, but getting it done will void your consoles warranty, which is anyway nullified, since it's from US and won't hold any warranty in India.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Yea. Sorry I overlooked it.

As you purchased it in USA. the only possible games it will be playable is the games bearing "NTSC" code. But, if you have purchased your game here, then.. it will be have "PAL" coding. So, it won't be playable. You can only play games that bear "NTSC" or NTSC/U. But not PAL, NTSC/J . As games of this generation are not bearing any of this kind, i almost forgot this region locking mess. This is actually introduced to restrict games to particular nation/region.

OP
tousif

tousif

Journeyman
thanks for ur reply...
as my warranty is void i wud try using modchip...
thanks for ur suggestions..

OP
tousif

tousif

Journeyman
one more question guys
will using modchip solve my problem...
i.e. after installing a modchip will i able to play the games and will my ps2 accept the DVD's?
hope to get reply soon

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
one more question guys
will using modchip solve my problem...
i.e. after installing a modchip will i able to play the games and will my ps2 accept the DVD's?
hope to get reply soon
A mod-chip is essentially designed to boot "back-up" discs and make the console region free. So it should boot any region DVD after that.

Top Bottom