Pros & Cons - Intel Core Duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panchu

Broken In
Hey people...

I recently got myself an Intel Core Duo 6300 processor....

Plz post the pros and cons of the bad boy....

And believe me...I'm loving it.....

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
Someone plz post the pros and cons .. there are others who are planning on buying it .. it'll be helpful to them at least.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Pros:
Significantly faster than Athlon X2 and Pentium D
Good price/performance ratio
Runs cool
Good overclocker

Cons:
The E6400 costs only a bit more
Has only 2 MB L2 cache unlike higher end C2D's
9000 bucks is still too much for most people
You need a new 965 mobo to exploit this fully

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Regarding the option of buying Intel Motherboards, I standout because nowadays Intel Boards only have 1 IDE Slot :mad: on their boards
Instead they have 4 SATA Slots:confused:
Frankly am not a SATA liking person as I have already experienced problem with Seagate 80 GB SATA HDD
IDE has always been my favourite and will always be:smile:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Just one bad experience with a SATA HDD dosen't make SATA bad.
Not to mention the problem must have been with the actual HDD, so why blame the SATA interface?

SATA offers higher speeds and less cable clutter in the cabinet. Not to mention eSATA ports on newer mobo's allow you to hot-plug SATA HDD's.

Pretty soon all optical drives will also shift to SATA. Like it or not IDE will die within the next 2 Intel chipsets.

rajas

In the zone
truly druvarunmehta. One instance shudn't make SATA bad but techtronic wanna play safe. SATA is the technology of furture for realiablity/speed.
SATA optical drivers are in the market(not sure of Indian market) major comp. manufacturers(Dell, HP) are offering complete SATA boards with SATAoptical drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom