Project TDF Helper Tool

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hey Guys,
I have a small project in mind which can be helpful when posting tabulated data ..

often we see users posting tabulated data mainly PC Configuration Request. I was wondering why not create a app, VB plugin or a Extension to achieve this.

Basic first version will have a PC config template with a combo box to select component and a textbox to enter approx price, like the following . The combo box will have the most popular models in the market.

Component
Make/Model
Price
Processor
Model [Combo Box]
~12,000 [TextBox]
Motherboard
Model [Combo Box]
~9,000 [TextBox]

so after entering these details, the app can then generate the required BB code which can be pasted into the WYSIWYG editor.

What do you guys think? I can build a HTML/Javascript page this weekend for testing purpose. I haven't worked on extensions or on VB plugins .. so no idea about that :razz:

if any student or a fresher wants to work on this, then I can help you guys out.

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Tried a similar thing about a year ago: Build Your Rig! (which can be accessed in my sig). It started by using Sorcerer's Google Spreadsheet uptill it's very own backend database. The project as it stands, is stagnant owing to the very fact that I couldn't get enough volunteers (and we all are busy with our regular lives too) for updating prices/models.

So be prepared for the maintenance part (which is a huge PITA).

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ I had seen that page before..

I thought I could work on this yesterday or today.. but I fell sick yesterday.. :(

Top Bottom