Project Partners

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, I am on a path. Migrated to Ubuntu. And now planning to get my hands dirty in PHP, Java and Webapps.
Only time will tell whether I achieve something.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Must have an idea of project before working on it. It matters less if it's a collaborative work or not. Real deal is to apply the concepts. Use git version control for all your projects.

For example, I have few ideas where I have started working or plan to start soon:

1. A website related to guitar chords. Will expand the idea further but for now it's just the chords display:
A chord page

2. Refactoring this web app which I made earlier for a client. Will possibly move to a different language too.
CIEM Designer

3. A website based on books. It's going to be a lot more work. Just created a mockup for now. Planning to use AngularJS and python/Django.

4. A GUI wrapper for one of the command line tools which will be used for the above website based on books.

5. Long term goal is to create a game in Unreal Engine. Why Unreal Engine ? Because it's free and simply the better of the lot.

One of my routine goal is to solve a problem by programming. Be it sorting a list or scraping values from websites or any thing that can be automated. Python is a good language for that. Think about what you do daily and how you can improve on that. Next, improve the code to make it more modular and future proof.

Started writing theme for TDF as I was not satisfied with the current theme. So there is that.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Must have an idea of project before working on it. It matters less if it's a collaborative work or not. Real deal is to apply the concepts. Use git version control for all your projects.

For example, I have few ideas where I have started working or plan to start soon:

1. A website related to guitar chords. Will expand the idea further but for now it's just the chords display:
A chord page

2. Refactoring this web app which I made earlier for a client. Will possibly move to a different language too.
CIEM Designer

3. A website based on books. It's going to be a lot more work. Just created a mockup for now. Planning to use AngularJS and python/Django.

4. A GUI wrapper for one of the command line tools which will be used for the above website based on books.

5. Long term goal is to create a game in Unreal Engine. Why Unreal Engine ? Because it's free and simply the better of the lot.

One of my routine goal is to solve a problem by programming. Be it sorting a list or scraping values from websites or any thing that can be automated. Python is a good language for that. Think about what you do daily and how you can improve on that. Next, improve the code to make it more modular and future proof.

Started writing theme for TDF as I was not satisfied with the current theme. So there is that.

Can I Suggest Unity instead ? Much easier to learn, also F2Use, better for small development team and multiport support from a single click (ALL MOBILE platforms + all consoles + PC/MAC/LIN)

I was working on a 2D Platformer myself using Unity.. My project has been moving forward at a great pace but the biggest bump in development I have had to deal with is 1) not getting proper art sprites and 2) designing witty level design.. Currently I am using the kenny art pack which is available for free but the latter problem is just plain unfixable unless I find someone who is good at imagining game levels..

AFAIK, kunal and anorion are also learning Unity.. Im really really interested in new team members.. solo development is frustrating

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Can I Suggest Unity instead ? Much easier to learn, also F2Use, better for small development team and multiport support from a single click (ALL MOBILE platforms + all consoles + PC/MAC/LIN)

I was working on a 2D Platformer myself using Unity.. My project has been moving forward at a great pace but the biggest bump in development I have had to deal with is 1) not getting proper art sprites and 2) designing witty level design.. Currently I am using the kenny art pack which is available for free but the latter problem is just plain unfixable unless I find someone who is good at imagining game levels..

AFAIK, kunal and anorion are also learning Unity.. Im really really interested in new team members.. solo development is frustrating

I considered Unity before but Unreal suits the criteria better. Don't want to be limited by features and source code access later. It's far more superior too.

Can you tell me what you are working on via PM ?

Top Bottom