Programs Not Starting After Connecting to Net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

This problem I am facing started all of a sudden. I use TATA Indicom Dial-Up to connect to Internet. Since last week, as soon as I get connected to Internet new programs (launched after connecting to net) do not get started immediately. It is seen in Task Manager, but no window is visible. After 4-6 minutes, the windows start coming and the program is properly launched. After this all the programs launched henceforth start immediately. This problem is observed only for initial 5-6 minutes. The programs which were running before connecting to net work properly.

It is only that the programs launched after connecting to net don't start for initial few minutes. The system is not at all busy during this period and there is no system load.

There is no Virus activity. I have Mcafee Installed which is updated to latest virus definitions. I have also checked all the processes running at that period using Process Explorer. There are no unwanted programs running.

Please help me to get rid of this problem.

System Configuration:
Core2Duo E6600.
1 GB RAM.
XFX 650i Chipset.
BIG 8600 GT Graphics Card.
80 GB Seagate Harddisk

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Boot in safe mood....than try to surf internet.
I think this is a virus problem.

Last edited:

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Forgive my Curiosity, But are you using WinXP SP2 updated with the Latest Patches?

Are you using the Official Tata Indicom Dialer?

OP
P

prashantbhat25

Broken In
Hi xubz

I am using Win XP SP2 with the latest security updates.

And I am using the official Dialer provided from TATA Indicom.

HI ravi_9793

I am using Mcafee with the latest definitions. An I also checked all the running processes and found everything is just the usual programs

Is there anything else I can check...

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Weird.. Try using the Dialer from Network Connections (in Control Panel).

See if that works correctly.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Which program you tried to start ..
Try 2-4 different program one by one and also tell us which one u tried !

OP
P

prashantbhat25

Broken In
I tried all types of program from Notepad, Paint, Internet Explorer to Acrobat Reader, Firefox, Yahoo, etc

Hi xubz

I'll try using the dialer from Network Connections and let you know...

sivarap

In the zone
I am having similar problem...I get the error, send-don't send error msg for every application......I am sure its definitely a virus....but kaspersky and avast don't report any probelm...I am thinking of formatting my HDD....any bright ideas?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
sivarap said:
I am having similar problem...I get the error, send-don't send error msg for every application......I am sure its definitely a virus....but kaspersky and avast don't report any probelm...I am thinking of formatting my HDD....any bright ideas?
Perform some online scan..and remember to turn off system restore before scan.

OP
P

prashantbhat25

Broken In
I am not getting any error messages. The programs start after a delay of 5-6 mins. After the initial 5-6 mins the programs start immediately. I don't think it is a virus bCoz I think Mcafee can detect any virus. Even then I will try to get an online scan done.
Thank You very much for all the suggestions. I will be out of town for a month or so. Till then my PC will not be used....
I will try to resolve the issue after coming back.

Thank You all again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom