problems with caps lock in windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hearthacker

Journeyman
hi, i am using windows XP with Service Pack 1 and heres my weird problem.

The moment the login screen loads for the windows xp...the caps lock key works fine i.e it shows the tooltip that caps lock is on when i press the caps lock key ....but when i enter windows XP, everything is reversed, capital letters are typed if my caps lock key is off and small letters are typed if my caps lock key is on...this is creating a lot of problems 4 me...anyone knows the solution... ?

ishaan

Padawan
if ur hibernating or just lgging off from ur pc since many days, try a restart. that might fix it.

if that din work, dis mite...keep ur caps lock key pressed for sumtime den release it. try this 3-4 times

cuz it may be that windows registers it as only 1 press, but whatever part of windows converts it from uppercase to lowercase takes it as many presses, so the synchronisation gets lost. heh its a weird thing but i got this idea from here - *www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-10/msg00044.html

hearthacker said:
this is creating a lot of problems 4 me

but im curious, y is it such a huge problem ? i mean u can jus use it opposite now lol

OP
H

hearthacker

Journeyman
more weird thing....

now..after 3-4 hrs...in which my comp was shutdown for 1 - 1.5 hrs....my caps lock has returned to normal...

anyways

thanx for the suggestions guys...

---

hearthacker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom