problems running .3gp file

Status
Not open for further replies.

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
I downloaded a video which had the extension of .3gp. It was running through media player classic but there was no sound. Is there a problem with the software or the file?

slugger

Banned
Use QuickTime to play those filez. You will be able to listen to sound too.
*www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html

Earlier I used to view them through VLC Player, but I too face the same problem as you did. But the one good thing about VLC is that u can create a playlist , unlike QuickTime (or at least I have'nt found the playlist in QuickTime yet. Started using using the Pro version recently). so you can add all the mmses and view them one after the other without interruptions :wink: .
*www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

If you don not wish to install a different Media player u can always convert the *.3gp files to *.avi files using Mobile 3GP converter 1.1.0
*www.miksoft.net/mobile3GPconverter.htm

slugger

Banned
go4saket said:
Try RealPlayer...
4 *.3gp files to play in real player you gotta download a plugin from their site as it doesnot support mmses after a normal installation. so if have installed Real Player on a rig having no internet Connection, you will face problems downlading the plugin from a different rig and the trying to patch it with the player on your rig

slugger

Banned
In all probability, if at all the MMS contains sound, the reason u r unable 2 hear it is because the volume has been kept too low.

most of the time when I view *.3gp filez i have to take the volume slider rigth to the top to her anything being said and still the sound isn't very loud. The problem lies not with the rig on ur side but the camera phone used to shoot the MMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom