Problem with Win XP SP3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hi guys!

I have been facing a problem regularly since I have installed SP3. Every other time I get an error saying "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to be closed". After this some times my Laptop gets stuck and some times Windows Explorer shuts down and then restarts thereby shutting down all my active programs. All this started after I loaded SP3. The problem persists even after uninstalling SP3.

I am attaching a screen shot of the error that I get. Please help me to solve the problem.

*img361.imageshack.us/img361/6403/errorcj5.gif

BTW, is it possible to reinstall Win XP above the prevailing one so that after the sepup finishes, all my installed softwares and their settings keep intact.

Thank you.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
If you install Windows over an already installed OS, latter loses all its Softwares and Settings but I've seen XP distros of eXPerience who even after
complete format and re installing new XP over existing one, installed softwares weren't deleted and even My documents were also available from Documents and User Settings folder. How is that possible, I dunno...:(

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
This link may help you:

*www.ghacks.net/2008/05/18/fix-for-restart-bug-after-installing-windows-xp-sp3

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
When I installed XP SP3 my Intel audio driver is not working. I hav Realtek audio as onboard sound device........I tried all new drivers for it, but its not working with SP3. do anyone know hw to solve this???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom