problem with sreenshot

akash22

Journeyman
guys whenever i try to take any screenshot of dirt 3 with fraps this kind of sreenshot results(*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4819&stc=1&d=1308469195). this is happening with this game only. please see and give me some sugesstions.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well the easiest and best way according to me is to press PrtScr button for screenshot. and then press Ctrl+v in the Ms Paint.
IF PrtScr alone doesnt work press Alt+PrtScr button

Note: PrtScr is located to the right of F12 button

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^No man, FRAPS is a gamers tool, believe me using Print Screen is really a problem for taking screenshots of games. Like you need to printscreen then go back to windows, paste in it paint save it and then again to back to game for next screenshot.

I'd have suggested print screen for any other task, but for games it'll be really hectic.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well, if you have any trouble with prtscr use this
Screenshot Utility, a Screen Capture Program - Homepage
and this Google search to help you-

screen shot - Google Search

OP
akash22

akash22

Journeyman
guys i am happy with fraps and i need to take not a single shot but continous gameplay shots. but my main problem is that why the pics r like this for dirt 3 except for this game all d previous games shots were clear

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
oh. Looks like I misunderstood problem :p
which version of fraps do you use? Use latest version.
Are the graphic drivers latest? what version of Windows you use?

OP
akash22

akash22

Journeyman
I HAVE FRAPS 3.2.2
and all d drivers r updated.this problem only happens with dirt 3othr games screenshot's r clear. does anybody here suffers the same problem?

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
@annindyadas,
Fraps 3.3.3 Addresses your Issues, BTW Fraps 3.4.5 is out Already!
Its advisable to opt for later Version ;)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I am 90% sure its a Fraps problem now as you said only Dirt 3 gives trouble. Its a new game released after the version of fraps you got installed.
Get the latest version here: Download Fraps 3.4.5 free version

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Use MSI After Burner 2.1

Default screen cap button is F6. Stored in My Documents.

It's a free software, and can do Video recording with almost negligible frame rate drop (only, audio recording isn't implemented yet)

noob

Cyborg Agent
just check if game provides some command to take in-game screenshot. almost all games these days provide it.

Eg. In HL i can press F5 to take screenshot.

Tech&ME

Banned
1. take screenshot in DX9 and see how it comes out.(rendering)

2. Take screenshot in DX11 and see how it comes out. (rendering)

Last edited:

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Fraps doesnt capture screenshots of Dirt 3 under DX11
But it captures under DX9 mode. with huge dropout in visual appeal.

I play DIRT3 in my Lenovo Y560 laptop.

OP
akash22

akash22

Journeyman
thanks guys for your help!!!!!!! but d problem gets fixed when i reinstalled the fraps. it isn't problem with any directx11 or 9!!

Top Bottom