Problem with New Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

keves2002

hi,

when ever i download some thing new , it disaapears from my system on restart, i dont have any probrem with the programmes, which is already installed, even i am able to download new softwares , but once the pc restarts, it get disappeared , why its happening like this ? vat i have to do?

looking forward to hear from u soon

Thanx in Advance
-keves-

OP
K

keves2002

Even the download Managers geting disappered when restarts & This is not a new problem , means i use imesh for music , now when ever i need to download music , i have to download the imesh first [i am not able to keep the progamme in the sytem , even the folders created by the programme getting diappered], same happening 4 all programmes.

Ishan

In the zone
does it disappers if u copy it and paste it to some other place after download.

it sounds like fake download(i.e u r downloading but not downloading..its magic..its magic!)..hahaha

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I remember there being a similar thread like this long time ago where no software used to get installed no matter how hard the person tried, it was like auto system restore! No solution was found I think, cant find the thread either!

OP
K

keves2002

Its happenes, even if i copy the folder to another location, simply, if i copy a .doc file from my external HDD its getting copied , but once i restarts the sytem it gets disappeared. if its a virus i dont have any problem with the softwares, which is already installed.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
it seems somebody may be playing a prank on you. probably somebody has installed some protection software without your knowledge. format it.

OP
K

keves2002

@Ramakrishnan
How can i know weather some one has installed protection software
@kl_ravi
How to take that logfile, please explain
@QwertyManiac
Formating is not possible as This is not my Sysytem

Note : Lots of people are having access to This system.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Download this
*download.hijackthis.eu/hijackthis_199.zip [Direct]
and run it, ask it to generate a log file and post the content of that file here, or maybe get it auto analysed at *hijackthis.de

OP
K

keves2002

see the log file

*hijackthis.de/logfiles/fe6a91eb40148843d402dbda5d4f2f52.html

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
AArgh! You have Deep Freeze, I remember now, that was the problem for the earlier thread too! And you have a worm installed !

"Deep Freeze instantly protects and preserves baseline computer configurations. No matter what changes a user makes to a workstation, simply restart to eradicate all changes and reset the computer to its original state - right down to the last byte. Expensive computer assets are kept running at 100% capacity and technical support time is reduced or eliminated completely. The result is consistent trouble-free computing on a truly protected and parallel network, completely free of harmful viruses and unwanted programs."

Lol remove Deep Freeze or disable it and fix all the nasty and unwanted entris as suggested by Hijackthis.de and scan your comp more now!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Dunno really, havent used. But whose comp is it anyway, maybe its a restriction forced there so that no one does any changes.

*www.faronics.com/faq/#2
For Enable/Disable of Deep Freeze.

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Just put a tick mark next to all entries identified as "nasty" in the hijackthis and click "fix checked".

Google search and download a software called "killbox". Using it delete the following files.....

C:\Program Files\Faronics\Deep Freeze\Install C-0\DF5Serv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Files\SrL\microsoft.exe
C:\Program Files\Faronics\Deep Freeze\Install C-0\_$Df\FrzState2k.exe
C:\Program Files\TinaSoft\Easy Cafe Client\Guardit.exe
C:\Program Files\RXToolBar\sfcont.dll
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\LogonDll.dll

You are running Norton Antivirus... You can try NoD32 or avast free both softwares have good virus/malware detection. use them to scan/clear unwanted files.

Use Webroot spy sweeper or lavasoft adaware to remove suspiicious files.

You may run "Services.msc" to stop some unwanted services like "ctfmon.exe" and others to free up some resources.

Post your hijackthis log file once again (after completing above tasks) for an analysis....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom