Problem with My Pictures!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bliss.sid

Part Troll
There seems to be a problem with the My Pictures folder located in My Documents....whenever i open it,a windows explorer popup screen says there's an error with explorer..."Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
My Pictures cannot also be used with any other application,eg.setting up Avatars or when creating a DVD title menu(as in using a background display picture).

Since I use ZoneAlarm whenever i open the my pictures folder a program alert appears saying windows explorer is trying to communicate with vsmon.exe...on clicking deny the explorer error pops up.
I tried copying the pictures in the folder to an empty hard drive partition but instead the hard drive partition stopped working...i.e. the same explorer error popped up,making the partition inaccessible.
I then had to format the partition.

And also,as soon as I open the My Pictures folder and just leave it like that for a few seconds, this message appears:

'The instruction at "0x5dfe6e2b" referenced memory at "0x00000038".The memory could not read.Click Ok to terminate or Cancel to Debug.'

And if i click Cancel Visual C++ opens up!!!???What's going on???!!

Please Help...
Thanks.

src2206

In the zone
You need to allow the communication between vsmon.exe and the explorer. Once you do that, you should not have this problem.

BTW, I would suggest that you try Comodo as a firewall. It will give you far less trouble and more security than ZA.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
If you are using "Thumbnails" view in "My Pictures" folder by any chance, then change it to "Details" or any other view.

If you can provide Mod name and mod versions then it will be a little easy... once you get the error message , at the bottom of the page click on - For techinical information click here. and note down - Appname appversion, modname and modversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom