problem with installing linux

doom2010

Journeyman
I was trying to install ubuntu. It was installed properly. Just after installing when I restart the machine there was no option to select ubnutu. Please give some suggestion .

OP
D

doom2010

Journeyman
I forgot to specify that I am using windows 7 and want to install ubuntu in another partition.I have reinstalled it ,but the problem remains the same. There was some options for " device for boot loader installations"(such as dev/sda1(windows 7 loader) ,dev/sda2...,sda7).In the partition sda 7 I have installed it. What option i need to choose for "device for boot loader installations". Can I install grub loader? and from where windows or linux? thanks in advance.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
looks like you are using wubi... install after booting from the liveCD...
if you installed wubi, then i think you will have to select /dev/sda1 as the device for bootloader installation to add the ubuntu entry to the windows 7 bootloader...

OP
D

doom2010

Journeyman
Yes, I have used wubi and i overcome the problem.thanks for your useful information.thans guys.thanks nims11.

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Now I face a new problem. Linux is working properly but I am not getting the option for windows 7 at the time of booting,( only windows 7 (loader) (on /dev /sda1) with options for linux ) . when i choose the option windows 7 (loader) (on /dev /sda1) i am getting the same booting options.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Use the windows 7 CD to repair the bootloader,
then boot into windows 7 and use easyBCD to add the "wubi" boot option to the bootloader...

Top Bottom