problem with gmail and hi5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ns_jughead

Broken In
about 3 daze ago,my hi5 profile started actin up...i cudnt send messages,cudnt accept profile comments etc etc...the thing is none of my fnrds are having this problem..so i thought that mayb there wuz sumthin rong with my profile...so i created a new user but that too had the same problems...i've written to hi5 but havnt recieved a reply...can this be the handiwork of a virus or any sorta malware?..the thing is there are certain ppl with whom hi5 is my only means of communication and i very urgently need to talk with one of them...so i want this problem to b resolved quickly..hope sumone can help!!

another problem.i've got opera 9.0...whenever i open gmail with it,it always opens in the basic html mode...i hav to click on standard mode each time and this is quite painful..how can this problem be fixed?

Venom

Journeyman
What error does Hi5 return? Its not a virus, may be a browser issue but tell us what's the error you get in return ?

Are you using Opera browser? If so, Right Click> Edit Site Prefrences>Network > Mask as Internet Explorer.

As for the gmail problem, All you can do is click on 'Remember my Login on this computer' to solve the problem...

OP
N

ns_jughead

Broken In
@venom--i dont think its a browser problem cuz i've tried using both opera and explorer..nywaze u asked bout the error...its like if i click on "send" to send a message,instead of showing me the "your message has been sent" screen,it takes me to my "home"...and when i try and accept any profile or foto comments given to me,all that happens is that the page gets refreshed...the same thing happends when i try to edit my profile..no changes are saved

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
No it can't be a virus problem. How can a virus on your system affect the hi5 server? Now, that is beyond me.
As reguards the gmail problem, I face it too. I guess gmail hasn't added opera 9.0x as supported for gmail. So, it gets gmail standard version.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Did you try what Ultimate Z Fightter said?
Once you are the gmail login page, RIght click somewhere on the page => Edit Site Preference => Network => Mask as Internet Explorer.
Repeat for hi5. This should make both work fine for you.

OP
N

ns_jughead

Broken In
4get the gmail problem ppl...that iznt that important...i'm more worried bout hi5
@tech---see,the thing is,itz not workin even in internet xplorer,so how will it work if i tell opera to mask itself as internet xplorer...but still,i tried doin it,but it wuz of no use...
and the worst thing is...i gave a frnd of mine my hi5 id and pwd,and he had no problems watsoever using it from his comp...so mayb my computer is jinxed!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
awrite ppl...thnx for ur time and replies....problem's solved now...i dwnloaded firefox...and hi5s workin fine on that.,..
but i wud still b interested to knoe y opera and xplorer were actinup....so any enlightenment on this subject wud be appreciated!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom