problem with firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
ive been using firefox since a couple of months now. this one time when i opened it, it asked me to create a profile before opening the browser. i did and now all my personalised settings, bookmarks and extensions are lost. i didnt even install any extensions which could cause this to happen. how do i get my bookmarks and extensions back?

serendipiti

Journeyman
first in folder options set to view hidden files and folders then got to the drive where u have windows installed(assuming u use XP)>Documents and Settings>User>Application Data>Mozilla>Profiles...see if u can find more than 1 folder in this..from here u might get back ur old bookmarks et al.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
try running firefox -p from the command prompt or from start > run . it will give u a list of profiles , if ur previous profile is listed just start firefox with that and see if ur able to retrieve old settings

OP
D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
serendipiti said:
first in folder options set to view hidden files and folders then got to the drive where u have windows installed(assuming u use XP)>Documents and Settings>User>Application Data>Mozilla>Profiles...see if u can find more than 1 folder in this..from here u might get back ur old bookmarks et al.

there was more than 1 folder. but i couldnt load another profile. but i did manage to get my bookmarks back
thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom