Problem with configuring Internet in Win ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipen01

Youngling
Hi..

Well i have an Hathway 64 KBps connection... and its configured in Windows XP....i have been given an static IP..thru which am supposed to connect...But now i want to surf thru ME..so am unable to configure.. it.

I ran..Home Networking Wizard..changed the IP of which am given...but still am unable....Can any budy suggest anthing..which may help here..??

Dipen

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
I would suggest to do a format /q at WinME Partition :| well no offense but when u are using XP why do u need ME dood :)

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
No buddy...the problem is my PC is PIII 1Ghz 64MB SD-RAM...and am running dual boot i.e Win ME and Win XP on it..

well without Internet XP was runnin smooth...but when i surf...i.e even 3-4 windows are open... then it starts laggin...hanging..its really irritating... and the problem is that on 64 Kbps connection am gettin paltry 40...

so it irritates me more..so what i wanted to do is run Internet thru ME...so i even configured it..and it started working..but the new problem is..that..it crashes very frequently...crashes in the sense...even if i open couple of sites in ME...it abrupty gets hanged..and only restart is the alternative..

so am in deep trouble as what to do now..?? I am thinking of going back to baiscs...i.e 98..what do u suggest..??

Regards,
Dipen

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Did u mention 64 mb...my god thats minimum dood. I recomment you to have another 128 or 268 to have XP up n running smoothly :)

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
Yeah...man.... 64 is way too less...thats why am searching for a 128 MB or 256 MB stick...

But u know these PIII RAMs..I mean SD RAM are in shortage so..the dealers who own this charge a bomb.. I asked one and the price was 2000 for 256MB and 1500 for 128MB....

Thats too costly...

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
@Dipen01:u could use Windows 2000 on that configuration pretty smoothly.It's got the stability of XP and is much better than WinME.

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
thanx bud...but installed Win 2000 b4 2 yrs...it was working stable but was very slow..u can say..little less than XP..

so i asked techie abt this...so he said that ill need to upgrade it thru service packs for good results and u wont believe win 2000 has 4 service packs...so dropped the idea..there..

WEll am thinking on switchin to 98..any ideas....well am sure..Internet speed wont be changing ...WIll it..?? Atleast navigation will be fine..what say... Any suggestions..

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
::cyborg:: said:
oh man really don't know

and how is that supposed to help the discussion?

@Dipen01:windows 2000 SP4 includes all the previous service packs as well,so effectively u just have to install 1 service pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom