Problem in pen drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijangda

Padawan
I have Kingston DataTraveler 2GB pen drive. When I insert it in USB Port. Then it installs driver for pen drive. After installing driver, when I open My Computer, then it shows pen drive as Removable Disk (with drive letter). When I try to open it, it shows "Please insert the disk".:-( I tried running this pen drive in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and in Fedora 12. :-xOther pen drives run properly. Please tell me frnds how to correct this error. This pen drive contains lots of important data. Please don't tell me to format it.:-(

OP
A

abhijangda

Padawan
sorry rhitwick, i tried recover my files but it didn't work. It was also not able to detect disk.
Any other method frnds.

jayantr7

In the zone
hey....try to open it with windows explorer,copy all files to pc and format ur pendrive..it can help try it...i know it sounds funny...but i also got 10%this type of prob it was fixed with this

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

did anything helped written here?

TheHumanBot

Padawan
pen drive not detecting the only solution i can see is
go to manufactures site find a format utility & it will sove your problem 100%.
i did it many times. and then try recovering your files as above replied.

if you dont try this anyway your pen drive will be unaccesible.

khmadhu

change is constant!!
first try with quick format(high level)... and try recovering files.(this increases the chance of recovering files ) :)

if this does'nt work then try with complete format (low level)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom