Problem in my PC :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
I am talking about the Pen-Drive, I had a USB HUB which used to work properly, later because of wear n tear the USB-HUB wire got cut.

I will again take it to my dealer on Tuseday, Is it any issue with SMPS connecting to the motherboard, while just lifting it gets off. But when i open the Cabinet and switch on the SMPS Power the processor fan will be running, but i get a very long sound (not the normal beep)

If still it happens so, i will change the Cabinet, SMPS, processor, RAM, mobo to upgrade to a Gaming PC.

But i will wait for this time and see what my dealer does it.

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
I am talking about the Pen-Drive, I had a USB HUB which used to work properly, later because of wear n tear the USB-HUB wire got cut.

I will again take it to my dealer on Tuseday, Is it any issue with SMPS connecting to the motherboard, while just lifting it gets off. But when i open the Cabinet and switch on the SMPS Power the processor fan will be running, but i get a very long sound (not the normal beep)

If still it happens so, i will change the Cabinet, SMPS, processor, RAM, mobo to upgrade to a Gaming PC.

But i will wait for this time and see what my dealer does it.
why the hell you have to shift the box to use a pen-drive ???

can't a pen-drive get fixed in the little place behind the cabinet and the wall ? lol

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Since the table is placed near the wall, i cant do it, i mean put the Pen-drive and remove, so i usually move CPU from the table.

kayos

Boy Waiting To Be A Man!!
its a clear case of moving out of comfort zone.

ur cpu clearly doesnt like being shifted inside the table.

get it repaired and then start only when u have chosen a final place...

lol .. i guess u should check ur SMPS again .. or connectivity ..
if all is fine then its ur mobo ..

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
I think the SMPS has no problem, when the System got switched off, if i switch on the Processor Fan runs fine, also i have tried my SMPS in my friend's PC...

But till these days there was no problem while moving the CPU when on.

sjstays

Broken In
take the system back to ur dealer asap! newyas its always a good xcuse to get urself a new processor and a motherboard, nut this time make sure that u have a cabinet with front usb ports.:)

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
I am thinking of buying a new processor, motherboard, RAM, cabinet and SMPS. I want to buy a good one such that i dont need to change it in less than 3 years or so, also i want to play all current and upcoming games in my PC. Please do suggest me.

I am thinking of buying the following

Processor :
Core 2 Duo E8200 or
Quad Core Q6600

Motherboard :
ASUS P5n 32 E SLI or
ASUS Striker Extreme or
Any good one from Intel which has SLI, i dont want to do any over clocking
(My dealer says he will get me A-Bit but no sure of warranty and service for it)

RAM :
2 x 2GB 800MHz DDR2 RAM (Kingston 2GB 800MHz costs Rs 2300 @ my dealer, also he says warranty problem is there with CORSAIR so he wont give)

Cooler Master SMPS RP 500 or RP 600

Cabinet:
Coolermaster RC690 or
any other good one

I want to buy these within Rs35000

Also if i use 4GB of RAM, can i use Windows XP Pro 32 bit version.

Also suggest me a good Graphics Card, currently i have XFX 7600GS 256MB DDR2, I want a good Dx10 Card (preferably nvidia chipset) so that my budget will be within Rs50000.

Waiting for your replies friends.

Please do suggest for how much cost can i give of the following components.

Cabinet with 350W SMPS - brought in Dec 2003
Processor Intel P4 2.66GHz - brought in Feb 2006
512MB DDR 400MHz RAM - brought in Feb 2006
450W UMAX SMPS - brought in Feb 2007
XFX 7600GS 256MB DDR2 PCI-E Card - brought in Feb 2007
1GB DDR 400MHz Transcend RAM - brought in Feb 2007

So that i can save some money to get new parts, as mentioned above.

Last edited:
OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
I will take this saturday my system to the Dealer, if my motherboard cant be repaired, i will buy a new one.

Can any one of suggest a good stable motherboard within 10K range, anything good in intel, or asus. I do use it for gaming, but not preferring to overclock the processor.

Max within 20K-25K i want to buy the processor, mobo, RAM, PSU n Cabinet.

Also please do mention the cost in Bangalore
C2D E8200 ---- Rs 7850
Kingston DDR2 800MHz RAM ---- Rs 2300
Please do suggest a good motherboard, PSU n Cabinet.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Intel E8400 + MSI P7N SLi= 9400 + 9400 = 18800
Good Asus Mobo=P5K-C for 8800 but it lacks the features which this board has
2gb Kingston Ram=2k
Cooler Master 500W PSU=3.4k
And A Zebronics Cabby for 1.8-2k

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
I dont need a SLI motherboard, nor any overclocking, can i know which intel mobo is good. If it is possible for me to make upto 30k i will be trying to buy ASUS P5N 32 E SLI.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
i recommended it bcoz it supports PCI 2.0 .Asus p5n32sli is not in production anymore and it supports only PCI 1.0
all new cards will be\are PCI 2.0

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Is there any good motherboard in Intel, i dont want to update my system or change for other 3-4 years.

Also what about XFX nForce 680i-LTSLI

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Intel has DG33TL for 6.5k. or DX38BT (ddr3 board for 13k) .
but 3-4 yrs.u got 2 options then-
1.ur total budget is 50k?if yes get a quad core.would cost ~2k more than E8400 but its worth it. and rest same as above. +a good gfx card--9600GT/8800GT/8800GTS 512mb .

2.dont buy a PC till sep-october.wait for DDR3/gfx prices to fall,new processors to come,get a DDR3 mobo , etc..

680Lt SLI is also PCI 1.0 even though its a good board.every 680i is almost obsolete now-the costly ones are still running but no use!

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
I already have a pc, but some motherboard problem as i mentioned in the thread, so i wanna change or get my board repaired. As i need it for my cousin's practicals and ofcourse for me to learn flash, play recent and future games without any problems.

My current pc configuration is
Pentium 4 2.66GHz
Intel D101GGC board
512MB DDR 400MHz RAM
Transcend 1GB DDR 400MHz RAM
XFX 7600GS 256MB DDR2 PCI-E
450W SMPS
320GB WD HDD
80GB Seagate HDD
40GB Seagate HDD
SONY DVD Writer
LG CD Writer
As mentioned in earlier posts my motherboard has some issues.

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
I dont know whether my dealer sells MSI. I have found him selling ASUS, Intel.

Is MSI good compared to intel and ASUS.

I will be going to my dealer tomorrow, so will check out with him about MSI.

Other than MSI is there any other make which has a good motherboard within 10k-15k with PCI-E v2.0

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
buy it from another dealer in your city?its a good board.a similar board by Asus is almost here - but its a remake of P5N-e-sli so i'd avoid it until there's some good feedback.
Also there's Gigabyte X38 DQ6 but i dont know the cost and its availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom