Problem in my PC :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,

I got the cost of the following parts from my dealer (in Bangalore)

Processor
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 7600
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 10450

Motherboard
Intel DQ35JO 6500
Abit IP 35 Pro 9950
Abit IX 38 Quad GT 11900

SMPS
Coolermaster RP600 3400

RAM
Kingston 800MHz DDR2 2500

Cabinet
Zebronics Antibiotic 2100

How is Intel DQ35JO, but it has no PCI-E version 2. While Abit IX 38 Quad GT has PCI-E version 2.0,

So which motherboard is the best, shall i go for Q6600 processor.

So that i can buy the components next Saturday.

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
^ Processor good.
But r u serious about the motherboard? I mean there is no comparison b/w Quad GT and this DQ35 board from Intel.

INTEL boards are crap if u ask me. I 'de recommend Abit-IP-35-E over this INTEL DQ35JO board!

How much is this RAM, is it 2X1GB sticks or is it 2GB single module?

Check that Cooler Master Elite 330 cabinet too.

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
No i will be getting Quad GT, RAM is 2GB Stick, I will see if coolermaster is available, if so i will get it.

I want to know onething, Quad GT has PCI-E version 2 support, i have XFX 7600GS card, does the board support my Graphics Card, if it supports i will opt to buy the following.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 10450
Abit IX 38 Quad GT 11900
Coolermaster RP600 3400
Kingston 800MHz 2GB DDR2 2500 x2
Zebronics Antibiotic 2100

Also if i use 4GB RAM should i use 64-bit OS, i already have win xp pro (32-bit) installed in my hard disk right now.

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Guys please help me, i need to buy them very soon within this week.

I saw in many other forums in google search,
They say Antibiotic cabinet is not good, also it has no front fan so there are chances of hard disk getting a lot of heat.

What about Zebronics Bijli, CoolerMaster Elite 330.

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
My vote for CM Elite 330!

Go for the IP-35 Pro, u can save some cash and buy 2X2GB 800Mhz RAM.
Rest of the setup is good.

for graphics card: 'Yes' if it is PCI-E (which u already mentioned)!

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Ok will try to get either of those two, i prefer IX 38 Quad GT bcoz it has PCI-E version 2 slots, i will try to get one more 2GB RAM along with the above stuffs, also can i know how much does a 120mm cooling fan costm as Elite 330 has only 1 fan i the box, and one more slot available for the fan.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
The Glacial tech 120mm with 4 LEDs @ 300/-
And may i advice u one more thing:
Use an 80mm fan in the front too which blows air inside and a 120mm at the back which blows air out!

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Can i know what is the reason, why only maximum of 3GB RAM is supported by 32 bit OS.

I found in this Microsoft link *www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platform/server/PAE/pae_os.mspx that 32 bit supports maximum of 4GB RAM.

Also maximum memory supported by 32 bit OS is 2 power(32) i.e. 4GB

Also if i use 3GB of RAM can i use it as dual channel.

Does Core 2 Quad Q6000 processor support 32 bit OS.

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Well thats the limitation of the 32-Bit OS, probably the reason would be that at the time this OS was created, no body had thought about have RAM more than 4GB and AFAIK those motherboards support 4GB of RAM MAX. But now days u can see that even a moderate motherboard support 8GB RAM, even 32GB and so on...

3GB RAM can't be used as Dual Channel because for dual channel setup u need IDENTICAL modules. U can opt for a Quad Channel, its like going even all the way.
Q6600 does support 32-bit OS.

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
What about ASUS Maximus Formula board.
If you people suggest i will buy that, and buy E8200 processor instead of Q6600 processor.
else i will try to extend my budget by 4-5k to get Q6600.

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Also i need to create a Network at home with my laptop and printer, so can i know which is the best ethernet switch or hub, i want a 8-port one.

Also please do tell me about the ASUS Maximus Formula motherboard.

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,

I have one doubt. Does ASUS Maximus Formula support 32 bit OS.

Also please do tell me whether to buy A-Bit IX38 Quad GT or ASUS Maximus Formula motherboards. I am planning to buy the ASUS Maximus Formula board.

Also can i get to know the cost of ASUS board in Bangalore.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Maximus Formula and X38 Quad GT have same chipset i.e X38 and more or less both are almost same performer. Pick one which is cheaper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom