Problem in my PC :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,

Last week my hard disk was not detecting, and was showing BOOT DISK FAILURE. So i opened the cabinet and removed the extra power cable (Splitter) and connected it, it was working fine. But suddenly i could hear lot of Sound from my system, so had removed my processor and cleaned it, everything was fine after re-assembling the PC. I had switched it on, and it was working. Since i had to place it into my computer table i just lifted the CPU to keep it inside, suddenly the PC got switched off.

After that it stopped booting, so i checked for RAM and all, RAM had no problem, neither Drives. So i took it to my dealer, the engineer there removed the processor and we found 3 pins bent (in the processor slot in the motherboard), so he told he cant send it to intel since it is physical damage, hence he will send it to repair here in Bangalore only. I agreed and gave it to him, today i just called the engineer and he said he needs some more time to replace the IC's in the board.

Can i know is that any issue in the IC's, my motherboard is just 2 years old and still has one more year of warranty.

My PC Configuration
Intel P4 2.66GHz
Intel D101GGC motherboard
Transcend 1GB DDR400 RAM
512MB DDR400 RAM
320GB Western Digital 320GB SATA HDD
80GB and 40GB Seagate IDE HDD's
SONY DVD Writer
LG CD Writer
450W SMPS
XFX 7600GS 256MB PCI-E Graphics Card.

Can anyone suggest what the problem is, is it any issues with the IC's in the motherboard or in the Processor slot. Can that be manually repaired. Please do help me. I need my system badly.. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
If any IC is damaged then i think it should comes under warranty but like u said the processor pins are broken or bend, then it will be hard for him to change it!

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Instead of getting it serviced, shall i get a new motherboard, if so i will buy the processor and motherboard for my gaming needs.

ashok jain

QUAD USER
As per mfg warranty terms , your board is damage , it wont be repair under warranty due to pin damage .

intel warranty service station is at chennai not at banglore.

if your eng has sent to intel ask him for order or case no.

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
My dealer told he will get me the processor slot changed and get it done for me. Also the RAM holder is having some problem, i mean one edge is broken, which holds the RAM holder, so will the RAM sit into it correctly.

I will check if it works fine, i mean motherboard, else i will get a new one...

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
If so much is damaged.. Better get a new one...
I mean ICs, Ram Slots etc... So better to get a new one,..

OFFTOPIC: What was you doing with your PC? Wrestling?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
If u got that repaired then u will loose ur warranty because u are getting it repaired at INTEL service centre. So ultimately its of no use!
Get a new one instead!

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
I don't think this has anything to do with the pins. May be. I face such problem many times. This is a ATX power supply bug according to my experience. I have to then remove the main input cable from the SMPS, keep it like that for about 5 mins. then its back to work on connecting.

Did you try that ??

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Yes i did unplug all the power cables and reconnected them properly, Still it was giving the same Issues.

It is the issue with only the slot.

As for warranty, the dealer said he cannot send to intel as it is a physical damage.

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
I got the processor slot and ram slot replaced, it cost me 400 rupees, when i borught it home and started to use it, it was fine. I had placed my CPU on the floor, so after using the USB(my cabinet has no front USB).

I lifted my CPU which was on the floor to push into the Table, again it switched off, so i unplugged the Power Supply and switched of the UPS. Now my system was giving shock, so i replaced the Spike Buster, but still my CPU is not booting.

I called my dealer and he told, remove the RAM and on the system, if the Beep sound comes, then the motherboard is fine, i tried that still it is not working.

Is it any issue with SMPS.

When i switch on the System it just works fine, all the fans will be running..

But i dont hear any beep from the motherboard, when RAM is connected or not fixed.

Please Help me.....................

Last edited:
OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
There is no earthing problem, i checked this with a tester, and the spike buster had got reversed, some circuit problem.

Today evening i showed it to a near by service person. He tried with different SMPS, yet same issue, later he told it is the issue with motherboard.

pushkaraj

In the zone
When i switch on the System it just works fine, all the fans will be running..

But i dont hear any beep from the motherboard, when RAM is connected or not fixed.

Please Help me.....................

Since the mobo doesnt boot with the RAM attached and u said u hav got ur SMPS checked, the mobo seems to be the culprit.

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,
Last saturday i got my motherboard replaced(which is what my dealer said) as it was under limited warranty.
He had sent it to Chennai for replacement.
It worked fine, there. After i came home it was running fine, when i just moved the CPU to keep it into the table it got switched off again causing the same problem.
I usually do this moving of CPU from table onto the ground(floor) to use my USB-Drive as my cabinet has no front USB ports.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Hi All,
Last saturday i got my motherboard replaced(which is what my dealer said) as it was under limited warranty.
He had sent it to Chennai for replacement.
It worked fine, there. After i came home it was running fine, when i just moved the CPU to keep it into the table it got switched off again causing the same problem.
I usually do this moving of CPU from table onto the ground(floor) to use my USB-Drive as my cabinet has no front USB ports.
Now, this is a symptom of loose connection. The same problem even after replacing the mobo after moving the CPU. lol. this should not happen unless theres a loose connection somewhere inside.

Now what you are going to do ?

btw, which USB-Drive are you talking about ? a USB-HDD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom