Problem in Fedora 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijangda

Padawan
Hello friends i am facing one problem in fedora 10. I have downloaded fedora 10 iso image from its official site. During installation my system hangs. so i have to reformat linux partition and also have to reinstall fedora 10. Now also after running for 10-15 minutes or even in 2 min my system hangs in fedora 10. I have also tried live gnome cd of fedora but no use. But my windows xp runs smoothly also earlier before installing fedora 10 i was using fedora 9 which also runs smoothly please tell me how can i solve this problem of system hanging in fedora. also if there are updates please tell me url of that update which can solve this problem.

Rahim

Married!
Have you created a swap partition? or it might be some drivers problem for your video card.

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Try different mirror and try downloading it again. If the problem is still there then like a_rahim said it must be some video card conflict. Best i would suggest you to go to Fedora forums and post a thread there and you will get the best solution out there.

anurag_bhd

May the Force be with you
a_rahim is right, try installing the latest drivers for your graphics solution. If even that doesn't work, check if the partition you have installed Fedora on is free of errors. HD bad sectors could be a problem.

OP
A

abhijangda

Padawan
when i downloaded and install ati driver(xpress 200) downloaded from ati site for my video card then i configure driver but after restart there comes a blank screen.
please provide any other solution also there are no bad sectors i have checked through chkdsk command in Win XP

Rahim

Married!
^You cant chkdsk ext3 partitions which linux uses. Use GParted Live CD to check the partitions.

OP
A

abhijangda

Padawan
i have checked that partition through chkdsk by first deleting it and then formatting it in NTFS. I have also checked swap partition but there was no problem. I installed fedora 9 which runs smoothly for some time then i upgrade it to fedora 10. but the problem persists.

OP
A

abhijangda

Padawan
hello friends my previous problem related graphics has been solved by just doing
yum install xorg-x11-drv-ati to update ati drivers from 6.9.0-54 to 6.10.
but new problem about sound arises(which also during previous prob.) whenever i play music and move and window or do any thing else the sound cracks. i have updated alsa drivers but this happens even now. any solution please.

anurag_bhd

May the Force be with you
Try changing the sound codecs from Xine to gstreamer in the Phenon setting, if you are using KDE 4.

OP
A

abhijangda

Padawan
Try changing the sound codecs from Xine to gstreamer in the Phenon setting, if you are using KDE 4.
i m using gnome 2.2 (i think this version is in fedora 10, i mean defualt version of gnome).i m using alsa drivers for my realtek alc883 onboard sound card. my graphics card is ati xpress 200

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
have you installed gstreamer-ugly codecs and stuff.. if not.. then please install it and tell me the result

OP
A

abhijangda

Padawan
there's no package gstreamer-ugly available in any repositories if u r talking about gstreamer-plugins-ugly containing codecs then i have installed it earlier. if u r talking about any other package then let me know.

vamsi360

Always confused
there's no package gstreamer-ugly available in any repositories if u r talking about gstreamer-plugins-ugly containing codecs then i have installed it earlier. if u r talking about any other package then let me know.

install mplayer from source by compiling it and see.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Try the swap partition by giving the 2X the size of RAM , and also make sure that u made at least 5 to 10GB for the software raid , fedora core 10 is data redundancy so raid is neither or nor

Try this , if the problem pursued then we can see !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom