Problem configuring canon i255 printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

El mooooo
Hmm..Didn't get much info there. Lets try once again. Change the LogLevel from debug2 to debug in cupsd.conf. Delete error_log and restart cups. Try printing again and then send me error_log again. Remember to restart cups only after you've deleted error_log.

eddie

El mooooo
D [08/Feb/2006:02:12:19 +0530] [Job 4] /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstocanonbj: No such file or directory
Is the driver properly installed?
What does "ls -l /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstocanonbj" give you?

OP
M

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I get the correct driver name in the printer properties. BTW, I can't find the file you're asking for. In /usr/lib/cups/filter/ I can find following files with similar names:- pstoplx, pstoraster, commandtocanon.

eddie

El mooooo
tech_your_future said:
BTW, I can't find the file you're asking for. In /usr/lib/cups/filter/
Looks like the package that you installed, installs driver in a different location to what CUPS is looking for. run "updatedb" and then "locate pstocanonbj" to find where the filter is.

OP
M

mehulved

I did as you've asked me to do but "locate pstocanonbj" doesn't give any results. It just executes but there's no output at the console.

OP
M

mehulved

Tried your solution naveenchandran but it asks for cups password. Will look at that too after sometime.

eddie

El mooooo
You definitely seem to be missing some part of the driver. Did you install all the packages for your printer from here?
*www.canon.co.nz/products/printers/colour_bj_printers/i250_drivers.html
Also I found this link
*www.linuxprinting.org/pipermail/canon-list/2005q1/002031.html
Even though it is about i250, it *should* work with i255 as well. Give it a try.

To enable CUPS web interface in Ubuntu, have a look here.
*ubuntu.wordpress.com/2005/10/13/enabling-cupsys-web-admin-interface/

OP
M

mehulved

I installed the files as of what I saw in the second link provided by you. So, now I can see pstocanonbj. Still no respons from the printer.

eddie

El mooooo
eddie said:
Delete error_log and restart cups. Try printing again and then send me error_log again. Remember to restart cups only after you've deleted error_log.
Time to repeat the cycle :)

OP
M

mehulved

Sorry I can't do today as I am checking out new mandrake 2006 and opera 9PR2. New opera is mind blowing. Am using its inbuilt torrent feature. So, I can't boot into Ubuntu today. Will repeat the exercise tomorrow and post it out here.
Thanks a lot for your efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom