Privately Sharing Files & Folders Over Internet

ispote

Broken In
Hello Friends,

I have one computer which serves as Server in our office. Our all files like .doc, .docx, xls, .xlsx, etc. are stored in one folder in this computer. The OS of this PC is Windows XP SP2 and it is having BSNL Wired Broadband @ 2.0 mbps speed. I have recently purchased another desktop which is installed remotely on a location 150 KMs away from our office. This PC is having Windows 7 Ultimate and internet in form of BSNL EVDO Card and Idea 2G GSM Data card (Additional alternate to BSNL, No 3G facilities in the rural area).

Now my question is: Is there any way so that I can have full access (Read/Write/Delete) to the files and folders in the office PC (More precisely, only to our specific "Office Data" folder)? The access should be most secured and should be accessible only by my remote PC over internet.
Also, please let me know what precautions should I take while I establish a connection with the PC? Preferably, I expect freeware solution for this.

Thank you in advance,

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^ those will not serve to op as it'd require regular, incremental upload of files.

@op- why not remote desktop ?

If that doesn't work, teamviewer will do.

OP
I

ispote

Broken In
Hello Friends,
Thank you for your replies. Actually, as @dashing.sujay said, I do not prefer cloud-based solution for this.
@dashing.sujay: Can you please tell me how can I achieve my purpose using Remote Desktop or Teamviewer? Frankly, I have never used any of these. Also, is TeamViewer a freeware application?
Thanks

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Hello Friends,
Thank you for your replies. Actually, as @dashing.sujay said, I do not prefer cloud-based solution for this.
@dashing.sujay: Can you please tell me how can I achieve my purpose using Remote Desktop or Teamviewer? Frankly, I have never used any of these. Also, is TeamViewer a freeware application?
Thanks

Yes. TeamViewer is a free app, not for commercial use.

TeamViewer gives us an option to set up in such a way that, you can connect to that computer from a remote place, anytime, working like as you're sitting on that computer, with help of remote ID/pass.

Also, Remote Desktop is windows default solution for these things, but even I haven't used it ever, the former should be hassle free though. Give both a try and use which you find easy and your work being done.

ashs1

Padawan
i'd go with teamviewer too... I learnt about it recently when i saw my teacher using teamviewer to get some files from his home PC..
pretty easy to setup too. :)

ramkumarvcbe

the Warrior
You can also use Ammyy Admin remote desktop tool. Ammyy is free, and compact(File size is just 700 KB) and no need to install. Just launch the EXE file to connect to someother PC, which has Ammyy running in it. Very easy to use. Just give it shot guys.:)

Ammyy Admin - Free Zero-Config Remote Desktop Software, Remote Desktop Connection and Remote Access Software

Top Bottom