private engi. college

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
@mastercool8695
When does the JEE Mains counselling start??? Cause according to me, you should be getting the lower NITs.:)
P.S.: It's cheaper in the NITs too... My 1st and 2nd sem fees were around 45k combined (25+20)... Hostel fees are around 1.5-2k per month here. :)
Jee Main result on 11th/7th July..
much time before that, currently on a <undisclosed> project. will start learning HTML and C after that (may be will start day after tomorrow.)

Great if i can get into some NIT.
should i be able to get anything but not "biotechno/chemical" ??

You must be with some great scholarship..
really ??
i see hostel fees >20K almost all over..
really, thanks..
anyways, which NIT ?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
^^ You may be able to get some other branches.
It's real complicated this year with boards marks also having weightage.
Am in NIT Silchar Mech. Engg.:)
Lol!!! No scholarship, whatsoever.:-D
Hostel fees are 2k per month for my hostel. Lesser in some other hostels.
So, it amounts to around 25k per annum.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ checked, it is still approved by AICTE..
sorry if i'm being a noob, what prospects should i check when entering a college, i mean, i just know one damn thing that i should check that it is approved by AICTE.

Are you talking about IEM?
If yes, then AICTE approval has never been and will never be a problem with them.
What I'm saying that many good, old faculties have left the collage. There are mostly new faculties (4-5 years of exp) out there with almost 0% research background and opportunity.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
^^ its among the better NIT's.. isn't it ??

(i thought i would get into it.. :D)

Yeah, it's one of the better NITs though the only smashing branch here is Mech. Engg. with placements regularly in PSUs at around the 12-15 lakh per annum range... You might get it, you know!!!:-D
Btw, what's your boards percentage??? And, which board???
P.S.: If you are a Bengali, you'll feel right at home in Silchar as the town in 95% filled with Bengalis... :mrgreen:
As for me, the only two lines in Bengali I know are "Aami Bangla bolteu paari naa, bujteu paari naa!!!" :-D:-D
Along with, "Aami tomai bhalo bashi" for the girls!!! Woo Hoo... :mrgreen::-D

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Yeah, it's one of the better NITs though the only smashing branch here is Mech. Engg. with placements regularly in PSUs at around the 12-15 lakh per annum range... You might get it, you know!!!:-D
Btw, what's your boards percentage??? And, which board???
P.S.: If you are a Bengali, you'll feel right at home in Silchar as the town in 95% filled with Bengalis... :mrgreen:
As for me, the only two lines in Bengali I know are "Aami Bangla bolteu paari naa, bujteu paari naa!!!" :-D:-D
Along with, "Aami tomai bhalo bashi" for the girls!!! Woo Hoo... :mrgreen::-D

i do know something more too.. (in bengali :D ) along with those two.. ans isn't it "aami tomake bhalo bashi" ? :D
and no, i'm not a bengali.. actually, learnt bengali only on TDF..
class 8 mein hum paper mein questions likh ke aaya tha.. knew that they'll pass me when they see my science group scores :D

anyways,
Bach to the topic,
i'm from WBCHSE.
i'have got 75 percent in top 5 subjects. (375/500)
total (without EVS) = 440/600
EVS = 88

and got 96.33 percentile

Last edited:

mitraark

Decrepit
Whatever your preferences are, make sure you apply in as many (decent) colleges as you can. Not everything works out the way you plan, it's good to have more than one backup. As someone said, get admitted into a private college in WBJEE even if it means having to spend a few thousand rupees. ( this is just a suggestion, most students do this until they get confirmed in a better college, but it's entirely upto you what you decide)

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^ my maths sir's telling " jyaada note hai toh bhar do form, still, it would be a pure waste.."

:confused:
:hissyfit:

and private college means, >1.4 lakh per year..
i seriously cant afford it..

mitraark

Decrepit
^^ my maths sir's telling " jyaada note hai toh bhar do form, still, it would be a pure waste.."

:confused:
:hissyfit:

and private college means, >1.4 lakh per year..
i seriously cant afford it..

If you're certain about getting in a college you want then it's ok.

Also, what options are you looking at if you won't be joining a private Enggineering college ?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
i do know something more too.. (in bengali :D ) along with those two.. and isn't it "aami tomake bhalo bashi" ? :D
and no, i'm not a bengali.. actually, learnt bengali only on TDF..
class 8 mein hum paper mein questions likh ke aaya tha.. knew that they'll pass me when they see my science group scores :D

anyways,
Bach to the topic,
i'm from WBCHSE.
i'have got 75 percent in top 5 subjects. (375/500)
total (without EVS) = 440/600
EVS = 88

and got 96.33 percentile

Is it that line??? God, I have been getting the most important line wrong... ****!!! No wonder the girls are completely ignoring me... :-D:mrgreen:
Btw, I wouldn't recommend a Private Engg. College (Except maybe BITS and equivalents) to anyone... Seriously not worth it, according to me... :evil:
You can always drop a year, you know... :)
And, if you do get Bio Tech or Chemical in an NIT, you have the option of changing the branch in second year if you do well in your 1st year exams... It's not really that hard since most of us were just lazing around the whole two semesters!!! Lol!!! :-D
P.S.: Most of the people here are droppers, though a few like me are freshers... :) No harm in dropping a year, if you are confident in your abilities...
P.P.S.: Nice example you have of your bengali exams... :) My hindi exams were like that too... And, my Assamese exams weren't that good either!!! Lol... :mrgreen::mrgreen:

mitraark

Decrepit
You should know the option of changing your branch is only available to the 10% of the students in a department. Also, you need to have vacancy in the dept you wish to change to. ECE/CSE/IT dept had none when I was got in 2nd year. ONly about 10 students in our batch was able to change streams. It is not as easy as it sounds.

But people change streams more in the final rounds of the counselling. After college starts, many people leave out their seats and people get slided upwards to their preferred Dept. Even if you get in Biotech in NIT, you can get admitted, there is a significant chance you'll slide and get into IT by the 8th counselling.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^ IT ?
k.
and any suggested links for knowing abouit more fields in Btech offered by the NIT's ??

and no, i'm not confident that i'll get the stream i want..

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
^^ IT ?
k.
and any suggested links for knowing abouit more fields in Btech offered by the NIT's ??

and no, i'm not confident that i'll get the stream i want..

For the courses available in the NITs, you can refer to their individual websites or you can see them in ccb website once they open for counselling...
I meant that changing from ECE/CS/core branches to other branches in 2nd year is hard but changing from the lower branches like Bio Tech, EIE, Chemical is gonna be relatively easier...
Not that it's a piece of cake, you'll have to work your arse off... :mrgreen:

Didn't you give the comedk exam??? I bet you could have easily gotten into bms or bit. I was a fresher myself but i got good ranks in comedk and cusat exam. During the cusat counselling I got instrumentation in cusat university main campus. But I left it coz I wanted CS or IS.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^ if that question was to me,
No, papa says "NO" to all Institutions in South India, I know that puts me back from many NIT aspirants, but its not that easy to convince my father that nobody will kill me there :wink:

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Guys i am dropping a year coz didnt got any good govt/private college Damn should have studied after boards for jee and rpet instead i completed arkham city and ac3 and went for movies and gym completely screwed it..

Top Bottom