private engi. college

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Whosoever wants to have fun alongside btech can join this college. Also, there is whole lot of extra curricular activities inside the campus. There's a function organized about every week. Campus is a sprawling 700 Acres with more than 25000 students. If you follow the trend , you're personality will develop drastically. Infrastructure is amazing. When the WiFi was new , we were downloading at 16 MB/s (MegaBYTES) then it became fixed at 2-6 MB/s & now I think they've changed a lot.
But there is a big downside that due to the huge number of students, campus placement is a bit of difficult task as you will be competing against "thousands". At my time, there were 6 types of BTECH :)-D). Let me write them--
1. Btech (4 yrs)
2. Btech (Hons.) (4 yrs)
3. Btech-Mtech (Integrated)(5 yrs)
4. Btech-MBA (Integrated)(5 yrs)
5. Btech (Hons.)-Mtech (Integrated)(5 yrs)
6. Btech (Hons.)-MBA (Integrated)(5 yrs)

every type of btech had about 2-3 sections so there were around 18 sections of Computer Science Engineering alone (25000 students in one campus , oh yeah :-D)
But again this college will change your personality , you have to give some presentations in every semester. Every thing is electronic, they have an Android app where there is a wide variety of features & the college is DAMN STRICT when it comes to discipline. And if you have good marks in +2 then you can get scholarships, it was 9k per semester for >90%, 17k for >80% & so on in 2011 , dont knw now.

And yes, you can change your stream after 1 year ,
after 3 yrs , the Integrated batch (5 yrs) are given an option either to continue with their 5 yrs or opt out as btech (or btech(hons.)) after 4 yrs... many wud not continue so d competition wud increase at campus placement of btech.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Whosoever wants to have fun alongside btech can join this college. Also, there is whole lot of extra curricular activities inside the campus. There's a function organized about every week. Campus is a sprawling 700 Acres with more than 25000 students. If you follow the trend , you're personality will develop drastically. Infrastructure is amazing. When the WiFi was new , we were downloading at 16 MB/s (MegaBYTES) then it became fixed at 2-6 MB/s & now I think they've changed a lot.
But there is a big downside that due to the huge number of students, campus placement is a bit of difficult task as you will be competing against "thousands". At my time, there were 6 types of BTECH :)-D). Let me write them--
1. Btech (4 yrs)
2. Btech (Hons.) (4 yrs)

every type of btech had about 2-3 sections so there were around 18 sections of Computer Science Engineering alone (25000 students in one campus , oh yeah :-D)
But again this college will change your personality , you have to give some presentations in every semester. Every thing is electronic, they have an Android app where there is a wide variety of features & the college is DAMN STRICT when it comes to discipline. And if you have good marks in +2 then you can get scholarships, it was 9k per semester for >90%, 17k for >80% & so on in 2011 , dont knw now.

after 3 yrs , the Integrated batch (5 yrs) are given an option either to continue with their 5 yrs or opt out as btech (or btech(hons.)) after 4 yrs... many wud not continue so d competition wud increase at campus placement of btech.

Advert..
really ?? :rolleyes:
BTW, what (academically), are you doing i mean course ,year ???

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
1. Btech (4 yrs)
2. Btech (Hons.) (4 yrs)

Shameless advertisement of a crap & fraud 'University'.

@All: Does your parents have more than enough money to waste? Are you good for nothing?
Then go for it.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl

How is it fraud? Is it worse than those who charge huge capitation fees too?

LPU charges only 9k per semester for students with 90+ ?

yes, the scholarship is on the tuition fees only. that amount was in 2011... i am not aware of the latest, check their link here: *www.lpu.in/scholarship/scholarship_and_financial_aid.php

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
@All: Does your parents have more than enough money to waste? Are you good for nothing?
Then go for it.

I have said it right from the start that whosoever wants to have fun can join. Money is wasted in many forms. Like spending those huge amounts on a coaching & still not getting into a college for which you took that coaching. Atleast , LPU gives you a choice to those who aren't selected in IIT/NIT, etc. to save your year. One can always succeed even from this university if he/she minds his/her business during studies.

I've heard LPU requires an enormous amount for the fees, what's the overall fee for a semester for an average student?
everything is listed on their website. you can search there . however , below is a direct link to Btech(4 yrs) Fees:
:
*www.lpu.in/program/BTech.php#bmrk5

I am looking at their programme after 2 years, so as expected they've updated their fees & scholarships.

@theterminator
LPU??? Really???
:facepalm:

I get you man. I have already said that if one doesn't get admission into any place then LPU will work as a last resort. I didn't advertise because advertisements are intended to make profit & therefore they are not truth. And also that I will not receive any monetary benefits from LPU.

Then go for it.

And how can you call this 'advertisement' when I am also writing the disadvantages also? You should read things before commenting.

But there is a big downside that due to the huge number of students, campus placement is a bit of difficult task as you will be competing against "thousands".

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
:chill: buddy. its ok.
BTW, consulted my maths teacher,
he said "Drop nai karega tum.. shaanti se admission le lo.." and he also said ki NIT mein milne ka chance hai..
Do you guys think that one can get ionto a govt college with rank 2657 in WBJEE ?

mitraark

Decrepit
he said "Drop nai karega tum.. shaanti se admission le lo.." and he also said ki NIT mein milne ka chance hai..
Do you guys think that one can get ionto a govt college with rank 2657 in WBJEE ?

Maybe not, although you should apply wherever possible.

2657 is not bad at all, are you cinsidering colleges like IEM ?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@ theterminator: You are a grad from LPU, great. Enjoy the degree.
And really, STFU.
Seriously, **** yourself.

Why the hell you are misleading the juniors who are seeking a honest opinion here?

Yes, You can.
Except for JU & BESU, you can get into any other govt collage you want.
And it's a good rank, not bad at all.

Maybe not, although you should apply wherever possible.

2657 is not bad at all, are you cinsidering colleges like IEM ?

Word of caution from a ex-IEM student: It's not what it used to be.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^ checked, it is still approved by AICTE..
sorry if i'm being a noob, what prospects should i check when entering a college, i mean, i just know one damn thing that i should check that it is approved by AICTE.

PS> this is not on anyone in person , but just wanted to be clear that the buddies posting here DO know that they're gonna screw many people (like me and OP) by just one stupid post here..
. so DONT TAKE IT LIGHTLY, THOUGH : since, I usually make decisions by consulting this forum, please dont post whwtever you want, just to increase your post count and let others see what a giant ocean of knowledge you are.. .

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
^^ checked, it is still approved by AICTE..
sorry if i'm being a noob, what prospects should i check when entering a college, i mean, i just know one damn thing that i should check that it is approved by AICTE.

PS> this is not on anyone in person , but just wanted to be clear that the buddies posting here DO know that they're gonna screw many people (like me and OP) by just one stupid post here..
. so DONT TAKE IT LIGHTLY, THOUGH : since, I usually make decisions by consulting this forum, please dont post whwtever you want, just to increase your post count and let others see what a giant ocean of knowledge you are.. .

If possible ask information regarding that colllege to someone who has a friend there or someone who knows someone is studying there.. Dont believe people who just go by the names..

OK as far as good private institute is concerned, try Satyabhama University in Chennai (no hindi in those areas)....... good food in hostel (very good food compared to food at NIT Durgapur, my friend studies there). Yearly fees 1.5 lakh approx

There r many private colleges in Bangalore too.... try PESIT, Banglore.......BMS, RV(i don't think they will take u)......in management quota

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
@mastercool8695
When does the JEE Mains counselling start??? Cause according to me, you should be getting the lower NITs.:)
P.S.: It's cheaper in the NITs too... My 1st and 2nd sem fees were around 45k combined (25+20)... Hostel fees are around 1.5-2k per month here. :)

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
If you get a rank below 35K then go for College of Technology, Pantnagar.. It was offered to be put under the IIT banner but it refused, one hell of a college..

Top Bottom