prince of persia: warriors within -installation error 0x80040707

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_gamez

In the zone
i had played prince of persia..the two thrones on my..pc i like it a lot...and so gave a thought of playing ..the older warriors within...i got a 3 disc set...of the game
when i start installing the game...after disk 1 ..it asks for disk..2 when i insert disk 2 ..setup continues for some time...and then the following error message appears :
------------------------------------------------------------------------
error no :0x80040707
description : DLL function call crashed :ISRT_Waltondialog

setup will now terminate.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have even attached a screenshot of the error message...
*img100.imageshack.us/img100/4638/popwwerroroa0.th.jpg

i want to know why is this error occuring...is it due to some problem with my pc or the cds ??and what is the solution of this problem...
please help....

note : i didnt post this thread in gamerz section cause i tht it was related to some software installation problem...!

thanx in advance....please reply as soon as u can...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
See if this can help?
*consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108167

But also try the Game company support (Eidos?) They will solve all your queries :)

paul_007

Padawan
this errors occurs mostly in pirated CDs just before changing to ur next CD(i know this cause i have faced this problem myself) , so the link given by qwerty wont help u,

just do this:

copy all the contents from all the CDs in a single folder in ur hard disk and install from there , i guarantee that it will work 100% :))

Last edited:
OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
...first of all ..i have a set of 3 original cds..the only thing is ..they r quiete old as i got them from one of my friend...so i made *iso images of them and mounted them using power iso...and tried again installing..also ..i did a virus scan and found some trojan/ virus named ad.clicker..and deleted it...
after that the game installed smoothly...
thanx for u r help anywayz !!

@MODS please close the thread ...cause problem solved !!

paul_007

Padawan
go_gamez said:
...first of all ..i have a set of 3 original cds..the only thing is ..they r quiete old as i got them from one of my friend...so i made *iso images of them and mounted them using power iso...and tried again installing..also ..i did a virus scan and found some trojan/ virus named ad.clicker..and deleted it...
after that the game installed smoothly...
thanx for u r help anywayz !!

@MODS please close the thread ...cause problem solved !!

first of all... i HAVE NOT said that YOU ARE using pirated CDs :)), i am just telling about my experience.

pls dont make iso , it wont help u , just do wat i said once, ur problem wud b solved , instead of making iso copy all the contents from all the CDs in a single folder in ur hard disk and then install

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
@paul_007 the problem is already solved..long back..and i am enjoying the game...!! Prince of persia series just rocks !!!man i really love it !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom