Prince of Persia Warrior Within prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i have i915 . and 1024mb ddr333.
pop ww is giving only 2fps while doom3 gives 20fps ?
why ? solution ?

THANX in advance

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

do u have a Graphics Card? If you dont then these will be the frame rates which you will be getting. get a good graphics card.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
sagargv wrote:
have i915 . and 1024mb ddr333.
why ? solution ?

THANX in advance
First of all please dont be in a hurry dude...Take sum time out to mention ur PC specs and as other users said use a graphics card (if ur not using one) also make sure tat there is no background tasks like AV or Wallpaper running.

Cheers n e-peace....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
sagargv said:
why ? solution ?

THANX in advance
First off this query must reside in the Gamerz Section.The onboard of 915 motherboard isn't a very good choice for playing such graphic intensive games.The best you could try is lowering down every bit of detail in the game and turning the resolution level to 640x480.Invest in a seprate graphics card to be on a safer playing edge.:D

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
allwyndlima said:
sagargv said:
why ? solution ?

THANX in advance
First off this query must reside in the Gamerz Section.The onboard of 915 motherboard isn't a very good choice for playing such graphic intensive games.The best you could try is lowering down every bit of detail in the game and turning the resolution level to 640x480.Invest in a seprate graphics card to be on a safer playing edge.:D

The onboard graphics in 915 mb viz. GMA900 offers graphics memory between 64-226 MB and uses DVMT.

U can try increasing the amount of allocated RAM to 226 MB from 128 MB, since u have 1GB RAM , u can spare that

Allthough it can run all older games and is probably one of the best onboard graphics around but to play the new games like POPWW and DOOMIII and NFSMW u do need a graphics card, and u can get a PCIexpress graphics card

OP
S

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i'll not only get a graphics card but also change my pc in 1 half yr.
currently i'm busy and dont have time to do real gaming. i ' mquite happy with what 915 onboard offers for now.

But in my friend house and other places , it offers a playable fps in pop ww . But in my house i get only 2 fps in pop ww and nfs ug2 .

all other games are fine. this started happening after i updated the bios.Before that nfsug2 was fine.
What should i do ?
the customer support says that bios aint related to this problem. My vendor refuses to help b'coz i dint ask for his consent in updating bios.

-asrock 775dual915GL
-1024mbddr333
-onboard intel 915
-80GB SATA

OP
S

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
and in the bios.
mem is set to max DVMT and i get 192mb max.
in the new driver .

if i revert to the old driver , it offers 224mb and this is ok.

But in both cases all games are ok except pOP WW and nfs ug2

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Techie_Geek said:
U can try increasing the amount of allocated RAM to 226 MB from 128 MB, since u have 1GB RAM , u can spare that
Wont be of much help pal.The increase wont be noticed as the sharing is done Via Physical memory and the onboard can pull only till the limit of which its architecture is built on.I have tried increasing the shared memory a No. of times on the 845 motherboard as well as some other onboards but quite frankly didn't see much of a boost in Performance.But no harm in trying neverthless.:D

@sagargv:What Fps did POP WW give before the BIOS update?
This game is highly demanding on Shader performance and hence it would be best if you could atleast get an entry level card such as XFX's Geforce 6200 Non TC 128 card which costs around 3k.Plus what game settings are you using for the game?

OP
S

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i'm running with the lowest possible settings . i did not have pop ww before bios update.

But i have and had nfs ug2 . it was offering a playable fps b/w 20-30 is suppose . but clearly i was playing it with comfort.
but after bios update , it gives only 2 fps.
as u said , changing mem for onboard doesnt help , even i noticed that.

What shoud i do now ?

WIll reverting back to older bios solve the problem.
is it even bcoz of that.
should i reinstall XP ?

HELP SOS

OP
S

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Hello,

Thanks a lot for all ur help.

I got really angry and blasted my vendor.He came home personally , and he flashed to the old bios only b'coz i insisted. he promised that he
would get a replacement in 2 days if something went wrong . and everything went OK . But the 2 games was not (same prob :2 fps in game ) running well at all.Then suddenly he said that XP is getting corrupt ( i dont know how, he said it was from experience ) . He reinstalled and XP on C ( previously it was on D ) . and now voila ,
all games OK and working much faster.( POP was giving 2 fps in game ,

now it gives 30fps !!!!!!!!!!)

He says that he has set up about 50 systems with the same asrock mobo

that i have , and i am the first one to say that i'm unsatisfeid.Then

, i told him that it was b'coz of the problem and he said that the

mobo was fine.He says that intel mobos ( he has put up abt 10 of em)

give much more heat and this mobo though has a small performance hitch

with graphics cards , it is much better regarding to heat he says .

Also the mobo supports both agp8x and pcie . he quotes that all

graphics cards that he has tried on them have worked ( even ones that

are not listed in the support website ).

What could i say ? Whatever it was , the system was back to normalcy.
But look at this strange thing. I had a "working in 16color win98" on

C and XP in D. He installed XP over 98 on C. Now the XP on D is not

deleted !! I get 2 XP's in the OS choices menu . One that leads me to

new XP on C and another that leads me to old XP on D !!!!!!
Have u ever seen this situation . 2 XP's on same system.
And can anyone tell what could have gone wrong in my "old" XP.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
sagargv wrote:
He installed XP over 98 on C. Now the XP on D is not
deleted !! I get 2 XP's in the OS choices menu . One that leads me to
new XP on C and another that leads me to old XP on D !!!!!!
Have u ever seen this situation . 2 XP's on same system.
And can anyone tell what could have gone wrong in my "old" XP.
Wel lyes its possible, u are having a DUAL OS option now even thou both the OSes are same (i.e WIN XP in ur case). IF ur not using ur Old XP OS (wich is on D) then u can format tat drive and remove the OS and jus use a single OS (new one as on ur C drive).

Ur XP can be corrupted by a number of ways there is no particular way or reason tat leads to a corruption of the OS. Dnt worry its a normal thing and not a serious issue.:) wenever u face this type of problem,jus REPAIR (do not format) ur WIN XP installation and all system files will be repalced by new one with ur data being intact. :)

Cheers n e-peace.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom